Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

O'Hare

Shez, you're the King! Thanks a bunch. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

2 hours ago, ShezA said:

Well this was initially an AFCAD update with a photoreal background (borne out of frustration of my VATSIM Chicago Center controlling where half the pilots had old scenery). I then decided to align all the taxiways to the photoreal so it looks a lot better now. I also put in all the gates and updated the layout to the current with the new cargo to NE.

Here is the link if anyone wants the Beta. I am still working on the cargo buildings.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap6BzLcFirPslsRhTyNZ73ln2mosCw

Will be at AVSIM soon.

Shez

Shez,

Your KORD AFCAD is amazing! Thanks for your hard work. Can't wait to see the final product.

Regards,

Dave

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Shez when you release this will it have a winter texture ?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

6 hours ago, ShezA said:

Well this was initially an AFCAD update with a photoreal background (borne out of frustration of my VATSIM Chicago Center controlling where half the pilots had old scenery). I then decided to align all the taxiways to the photoreal so it looks a lot better now. I also put in all the gates and updated the layout to the current with the new cargo to NE.

Here is the link if anyone wants the Beta. I am still working on the cargo buildings.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap6BzLcFirPslsRhTyNZ73ln2mosCw

Will be at AVSIM soon.

Shez

Do i run this along side FSDT Kord or on its own?

5 hours ago, Litmoose said:

Do i run this along side FSDT Kord or on its own?

Short answer:  You'll have to run this by itself as both use an AFCAD and different textures for the termimals and other buildings. 

Both of these airports are scenery. Scenery often contains objects, polygons, textures to cover the polys, and an AFCAD which handles ground type(s), ramp areas, taxiways, runways, Locailizer and Glideslope information and sometimes Navaids adjacent to and/or surrounding the airport (note that instead of an AFCAD some scenery have the these items including runways actually built in as objects though they don't believe this is true in either case here). Plus two different sceneries will have different exclusion areas, and the higher priority scenery would certainly affect the other if both were added/activated. It's a big no-no.

ALL:  Sorry I've been away, I've been busy testing different flight sim products and have spent very little time in the forums and didn't see the posts above regarding what I posted earlier.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Shez when you release this will it have a winter texture ?

It actually has all seasons. Not sure why it is not showing up. Let me update.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

13 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Short answer:  You'll have to run this by itself as both use an AFCAD and different textures for the termimals and other buildings. 

Both of these airports are scenery. Scenery often contains objects, polygons, textures to cover the polys, and an AFCAD which handles ground type(s), ramp areas, taxiways, runways, Locailizer and Glideslope information and sometimes Navaids adjacent to and/or surrounding the airport (note that instead of an AFCAD some scenery have the these items including runways actually built in as objects though they don't believe this is true in either case here). Plus two different sceneries will have different exclusion areas, and the higher priority scenery would certainly affect the other if both were added/activated. It's a big no-no.

ALL:  Sorry I've been away, I've been busy testing different flight sim products and have spent very little time in the forums and didn't see the posts above regarding what I posted earlier.

I may attempt to try and merge the FSDT into this however I will have to reengineer the FSDT as it has old photoreal elements.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

5 hours ago, ShezA said:

It actually has all seasons. Not sure why it is not showing up. Let me update.

Shez

OK here is the full version with photoreal, autogen and seasons. Re-download from link below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap6BzLcFirPslsRhlC3hyAaoR_whEw

Shez

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

Thanks shez ill try it when I get home. 

Are you releasing dtw anytime soon? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 hours ago, ShezA said:

OK here is the full version with photoreal, autogen and seasons. Re-download from link below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap6BzLcFirPslsRhlC3hyAaoR_whEw

Shez

I'm confused as to how to install this. It has a scenery and texture folder inside the KORD folder and it also has a scenery and texture folder outside of the KORD folder.

It's really sad that @virtuali has pretty much abandoned the product only to continue other airports while leaving their old ones outdated. At least they shouldn't promise if they won't deliver. 

• Upvote 1

All you folks that complain about scenery need to do what I did, get a copy of ADE and fix it yourself. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

28 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

I'm confused as to how to install this. It has a scenery and texture folder inside the KORD folder and it also has a scenery and texture folder outside of the KORD folder.

My mistake. I included the same scenery and texture folder twice. I have corrected it in the link. For you, just delete the sub-directory KORD and use the scenery and texture folder at the higher level folder. Basically duplicated.

Shez

Shez Ansari

If anyone would be kind enough to post a couple of shots from Shez' scenery, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 hours ago, Bluestar said:

All you folks that complain about scenery need to do what I did, get a copy of ADE and fix it yourself. :smile:

blaustern

ORD has changed so much since the FSDT release I'd think it's beyond what you can fix in an AFCAD.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU