Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

O'Hare

I am just wondering if there are any rumors out there of any updates to any good payware versions of KORD in 2018.  I know FSdreamteam is planning on an update but I couldn't see much on their progress.  Are there any other projects planned?  It is a shame we don't have an up to date, quality O'Hare at this point. 

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

FSDT is the only one I know of doing ORD, does anyone know what the deal with it is? It’s been in development for years.

FsdreamTeam obviously hates re-doing old airports, they never are able to fully finish them, and when they do, they aren't much improvement. All they do is just work on new airports.

I wouldn't spend much time waiting for FSDT to re-do KORD

Latest from June 2017 was that it will take some time due to it being remade from the ground up. That was pretty much it but it’s nice to know it wasn’t abandoned...

Umberto said late 2018 and has absolutely nothing to show as of yet.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Sucks really, I have FSDT KORD but its hardly useable its so out of date, all the taxi ways have changed let alone the new runway.

The Scenery is completely different to modern charts. I avoid flying in/out of Chicago unfortunately. 

34 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

Sucks really, I have FSDT KORD but its hardly useable its so out of date, all the taxi ways have changed let alone the new runway.

The Scenery is completely different to modern charts. I avoid flying in/out of Chicago unfortunately. 

Same here, can't remember the last time I flew to KORD because of these issues. Cannot understand why other scenery developers aside from FSDT haven't done this airport, it would be a money making project seeing it's one of the major USA airports. Don't hold your breath waiting for FSDT.

I use Ray Smith's KORD and fixed the taxi links with ADE.  It's up-to-date and easy on frame rates.  

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

10 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I use Ray Smith's KORD and fixed the taxi links with ADE.  It's up-to-date and easy on frame rates.  

blaustern

Do you use that with the default scenery or with the old FSdreamteam?  I am using the runway and taxiway config from ShezA and that is great in terms of having accurate runways and taxiways but it still has the default terminals and everything else.  If there would be a way to combine that with the FSdreamteam stuff that would be neat. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Just now, Zimmerbz said:

Do you use that with the default scenery or with the old FSdreamteam? 

Default scenery.  I have FSDT KORD but do not use it.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Just now, Bluestar said:

Default scenery.  I have FSDT KORD but do not use it.

blaustern

Ok.. That is what I figured.  Being spoiled by 3rd party airports, it makes it very hard for me to fly back into defaults.  It takes the fun out of it for me.  ORD is my base airport too so I guess i'll have to keep with the default for the time being.  Having Chicago Cities X helps a bit when landing to the west coming off of Lake Michigan. 

30 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Having Chicago Cities X helps a bit when landing to the west coming off of Lake Michigan. 

Really? I also live in the area and was wondering if I should pull the trigger on this. Is it worth it and how does it blend in with ORBX?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

The city looks pretty good but it doesn't blend in very well with Orbx at all.  You can very easily see where they two meet.  For what is out there it is fine, and a good band aid until something better is released if ever. I live in the city pretty much directly west of Wrigley a mile or so and right under the approach path for 27L and 28C so for me it is neat when flying those approaches.  However, since the airport is boring to fly into at the moment, I don't do it very often.   

MDW from FlyTampa looks a lot better, so I've been flying in and out of it a lot more than ORD, unless I'm flying in/out of the Country.

Jacek G.

Yeah, I have MDW and like it a lot