Pineapple_Wizard

Landing the 777, what's going on?

Everyone with the issue that the thrust levers aren't at idle... even when the autothrottles are set to NOT to be moved while in hold and all that, you can stll move them to idle and full thrust with the F1 and F4 keys. Maybe a bug, maybe not. But a good one. If you are using a registered FSUIPC you can take advantage from this. Set your throttle axis to have a small null zone at idle so that it won't flutter. 

Then if you have a reverser axis, set it like this:

16977335_182578503.jpg?1514203483 

This is the same as you would press F1 and the thrust lever "warps" to F1, whereever it stands at touchdown. Note that I gave the axis a little null zone too, even before sending "throttle cut" so it won't interference with my normal thrust axis. and moving it back to idle it will send F1 again to bring you out of reverse safely. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you check the video I posted, you can notice at 0:10 that my throttle are set to idle. To be sure, I usually press F1 and try to reverse using F2 key. You can ear it in the video at around 0:23 when you the reverserser trying to engage.

I need to find some time to fly again this bird and post a new video with the upper ECAM popup shown.

The only way I manage to nose down the aircraft was when I start to manual brake the plane (at around 0:31).

I'm quite sure we need to look at the gear friction possible issue.

17 minutes ago, AF024 said:

If you check the video I posted, you can notice at 0:10 that my throttle are set to idle. To be sure, I usually press F1 and try to reverse using F2 key. You can ear it in the video at around 0:23 when you the reverserser trying to engage.

I need to find some time to fly again this bird and post a new video with the upper ECAM popup shown.

The only way I manage to nose down the aircraft was when I start to manual brake the plane (at around 0:31).

I'm quite sure we need to look at the gear friction possible issue.

If you mean at the video in the first page, then yours looks like a differnet problem. Was that a replay video from inside the sim?

Yes, exactly. It was on FSX SP2. I didn't check for the 744 (as I prefer fly the 777), but when I found some spare time, I'll send a precise ticket and will try to record it with popup screens.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:10 AM, Olympic260 said:

All that you have the issue. Check your engine N1. If your engine N1 is not in idle the reversers will not deploy. Also please not of all you complaining about the issue only one opened a ticket and we were able to reproduce. If no ticket is opened that we do not know to check..

For now make sure your N1 is in idle and will look at it for the next round of 777 update

Nice! There are some 777 updates in pipeline? 😉