Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

For all you Marines out there....

Just noticed that when you do the SEEVR arrival into KDFW, you get these waypoint names that will be sure to make any Marine smile:

Arj2FN.jpg

(The) FEWWW, (The) PROWD, (The) NAAVY? LOL!

And of course you also see LETHR and NECKK. Why there is not a MARNE or JARHED is beyond me. :blink:

Also you can notice that if you're familiar with the GTN 750 (I have the RXP version), I've customized my User Fields from the default to add a button in the upper right to instantly go to the VCALC page and a Time to TOD in the lower right and the trip info in the upper left...extremely useful info when flying at FL420. :smile:  Its so cool that it is so configurable to put any info you need right there on the display.

• Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Amazing messages in navigation points!

HLJAMES

33 minutes ago, HLJames said:

Amazing messages in navigation points!

HLJAMES

Thanks HL!

Yeah I know some navigation waypoint series that surround a particular area can be quite witty and relevant.  (like around Orlando for example...go look some up, they make sense when you see them together and know the geographical points of interest around there, hehe).

I love how easy and intuitive the GTN is to use and it makes flying GA so satisfying.  About to post the rest of the pics of the end of this trip in a new post, as sadly the rules don't allow us to add on after the post lands in the forum. :dry:  (I just wanted to get that one pic here while I was en-route because I wasn't sure if I'd have time to post the series due to other commitments)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

One of my favourite obscure references in a navaid, is the DRUNK fix for approaches to Boston Logan. It is located over the bridge at Chappaquiddick. Not sure how they got away with naming that one, but it genuinely is there.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

One of my favourite obscure references in a navaid, is the DRUNK fix for approaches to Boston Logan. It is located over the bridge at Chappaquiddick. Not sure how they got away with naming that one, but it genuinely is there.

Oh that is so cool Alan!   (knew the reference without having to look it up...I wonder how many of our younger crowd will be Googling it>?) :laugh:

I was flying into Boise the other day....SPUUD3 arrival....ORYDA, MASSH, SPUUD.....hilarious! 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

I always had a soft spot for this one in Portsmouth International Airport.  Childhood flashbacks and all that....
http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1801/00678R16.PDF

LOL...takes a minute to sound it out....but I'm NOT saying a word to give any hints....Sylvester has my tongue! :biggrin:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

LOL...takes a minute to sound it out....but I'm NOT saying a word to give any hints....Sylvester has my tongue! :biggrin:

I don't know who would want to shoot that approach.  Sylvester always misses.....

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

1 minute ago, thibodba57 said:

I don't know who would want to shoot that approach.  Sylvester always misses.....

In my best Sylvester voice....."Sufferin' Succotash!"  I think there may be a Wile E. Coyote series out there too...maybe in the Arizona region?  He ALWAYS misses! :laugh:  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I really think not having a STAR at Liverpool Airport named RINGO is an opportunity missed, although if you fly a certain entire SID out of the nearby Manchester, you end up doing the full MONTY. 

Here's great fun one too for Star Wars fans: The FEDRA RNAV departure from Louisville Kentucky includes the waypoints LUUKE, IAMUR, FADDR.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

54 minutes ago, Chock said:

I really think not having a STAR at Liverpool Airport named RINGO is an opportunity missed, although if you fly a certain entire SID out of the nearby Manchester, you end up doing the full MONTY. 

Here's great fun one too for Star Wars fans: The FEDRA RNAV departure from Louisville Kentucky includes the waypoints LUUKE, IAMUR, FADDR.

Nice!   yeah I think I remember a thread years back that listed some of the more unique ones in the world.  There would be plenty of great ones to do around Liverpool...maybe like FAB, FORE.  Or how about PAPR, BAK, RITER?....ELENR, RIGB?.....HRD, DAZ, NITE?....PENY, LAIN?...OBLA, DEE, OBLA, DA...there could be tons of them! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

the Australian FIR has a few good ones....my favorite was by a good friend, RG.....go to Skyvector.com and look up "PUDYA"...and read the waypoints along the FIR border to the South-SouthEast....

Also the approach points for rwy 19....over Moreton bay...."Leaky" Boats" "Sinnk"

I, too, got the Chappaquiddick reference and wondered how many did not...

Steve, I gotta call you out on this...

In my best Sylvester voice....."Sufferin' Succotash!"

Shouldn't it be "Thufferin' Thuccotash"?

Randy

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, WR269 said:

the Australian FIR has a few good ones....my favorite was by a good friend, RG.....go to Skyvector.com and look up "PUDYA"...and read the waypoints along the FIR border to the South-SouthEast....

Also the approach points for rwy 19....over Moreton bay...."Leaky" Boats" "Sinnk"

I'll check em out when i do some flights with my new Orbtz Brisbane scenery and generally down-under.

46 minutes ago, Ramjett said:

I, too, got the Chappaquiddick reference and wondered how many did not...

Steve, I gotta call you out on this...

Shouldn't it be "Thufferin' Thuccotash"?

Randy

You got me Randy, your's is phonetically correct!  Now if there was only a way to virtually slobber as you say it, we'd have the full effect! :laugh:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg