need some help with mobo temp, in bios motherboard temp 27c CPU 34c running hw monitor mainboard 118c don't know if I'm looking at the correct sensor  these temps are at idle I am probably looking at the wrong sensor so need some help to get my motherboard temp. have run this system using p3dv4 for a hour with no adverse affect.system  mobo asus prime z270-p i7700k at 4.6ghz 16g ddr4 ram 1080 gpu aio corsair 115 cooler two intake fans at front two on top for radiator and one fan in rear any advice please.

jim

Edited by jimimac
missing info

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Capt. Obvious here,

I would trust the BIOS temps. I suspect HW Monitor values are wrong.

I've found the Corsair Link software's temps seem to be accurate on my system.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Yes, make sure you have the latest BIOS. And try a number of temp monitoring utilities. Very common for them to be inaccurate for new and relatively new platforms.

118C if it were for example the VRM's, or in fact any MB temp, would be causing serious issues and shutdowns.

Reporting error sounds like. 

BIOS will read CPU temp and something like Hardware Monitor, CoreTemp, RealTemp will read Core temp. The two are different and CPU temp will be lower than core temps.

For MB there are a number of temp sensors on the latest board. Your MB manual will help you.  

tried other temp sensors,

corsair link  temp1=28c  temp2=29c  temp3=118c  temp4=28c  temp5=118c

temp6=24c. temp7=22c. temp8=112c  temp9=111c 

HW Monitor= Tz00=28c  Tz01=30c

mainboard=118c  tmpin2=118c  tmpin3=26c  tmpin4=22c  tmpin5=112c

tmpin6=112c  don't really understand what the hw monitor readings mean.

HW INFO64=

motherboard 30c

Sisoft Sandra=

motherboard 34c

i ran p3dv4 again and got no shutdowns etc. do you think I have a bm overheating problem or just problems with faulty readings.

Edited by jimimac
wrong info

thank you,Jim

Did you update your BIOS. Get the latest Hardware Monitor too.

The temp depends on exactly where the sensor is placed. This can vary with different board makes and platforms. 

An Asus board, so try using the software Asus provided and see what that says. If it has readings for those sensors.

Worth remembering that Hardware Monitor isn't always accurate. It makes a best guess often times and can be wrong. 

do not have latest bios but not confident updating bios, motherboard sensor reads 34c so am going to go with this reading.

thanks for your help Martin

thank you,Jim

No problem. :)

I would say though, and I know updating BIOS can seem scary, but it might be worth trying to get familiar with the process. It's actually quite important to update the BIOS, especially with a new platform. There are numerous bug fixes and performance updates issued by motherboard manufactures when a new platform is released.

The process used to be tricky years ago, but these days much easier and safer.

Asus boards for example have a very easy to use windows based BIOS update utility. Some old school guys will advise against it, but Asus wouldn't have provided it if it wasn't deemed safe. I've used it many times, it's called "EZ Update" and is within Ai Suite. 

ok I will have a look thanks

thank you,Jim