Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Always told to go around at certain airports, how do I land?

Certain airports I never seem to get clearance to land. The only solution I can see is land even though I don't have clearance. If I only followed  the ATC, I'd never get to land, the aircraft on the ground seem to have no problem ignoring whatever the ATC is saying, they just go without clearance.  Is there a way of preventing aircraft from always ignoring the ATC?

Far too vague for me to help. Please give specifics. What airports do you have problems with?

RC4 will generally give you headings that will intercept the localiser around 13-18nm out. It's up to you to intercept the localiser and glide-slope and land. Around 4nm out you will be given landing clearance.

You'll be issued with a go-around if your gear isn't down or another aircraft is on the active runway. Is there one? If so you can use the Traffic Zapper in FSUIPC to delete them. But generally, RC4 tries to stop this happening.

It's a well tested mature program. The chances are you are doing something wrong, Only more info will help us solve it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, for instance I've flown to KATL twice and been given clearance, and was within yards of the runway when another aircraft waiting in line just decides to go, then I have to abort.  The second time was I was again almost down and the issue was an aircraft crossed the runway.  I landed anyway this second time, because the aircraft was gone right after i was denied clearance.  This second time I was also given "please expect vectors to x runway" 5 different times before it decided on a runway I could actually land at. 

KATL is a very busy airport. I'm guessing you have a Ai traffic addon. Do you limit the number of aircraft that will be shown? If so what is the setting?

If you don't limit them then that could be the problem. Try reducing the Ai limit. I have 150 set via FSUIPC and don't have this problem at places like EGLL which is also very busy.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Been using RC for decades and RC4.3 should be freezing (like it always had in the past) AI once we are cleared for take off or cleared to land, but for some reason RC4.3 is no longer doing that for me (P3Dv4.1). For me it does not matter if I use UTLive or default traffic, whether its a busy airport or not very busy. If there is even one AI plane ready to takeoff, it pulls right out in front of me, yet I was cleared to land before they were cleared for takeoff.

I have the latest FSUIPC and MakeRunways and upon every AIRAC update or any scenery change I always rebuild my scenery databases.  

Ray, I'm wondering if this has something to do with FSAerodata and its communication frequency updates. Do you happen to subscribe to FSAerodata updates? https://www.fsaerodata.com/ 

Hi Paul,

I don't, sorry. I can't think of any obvious reason why RC4 wouldn't still work with the latest sims as the Ai traffic is pretty much the same as ten years ago when we tested it.

Frustrating I know but as there will be no further development of RC I suppose we just have to live with it when it happens. That isn't to say RC4 is not usable. It works fine for me most of the time.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Paul,

I don't, sorry. I can't think of any obvious reason why RC4 wouldn't still work with the latest sims as the Ai traffic is pretty much the same as ten years ago when we tested it.

Frustrating I know but as there will be no further development of RC I suppose we just have to live with it when it happens. That isn't to say RC4 is not usable. It works fine for me most of the time.

RC4 is actually still working excellent but only with the exception of the AI not "realizing" RC has cleared us for T/O or landing. 

The reason I suspect FSAerodata (FSA) users exclusively could be having this issue, is because FSA updates communication frequencies. I personally have no idea if FSX/P3D has a certain "standard" that RC is looking for which FSA has eliminated or changed. (?) I'm trying to gather some facts so I can go to Jose from FSA with something to grab onto. Hopefully some other RC4 users that use FSAerodata can confirm they all have the same issue, so this can possibly be resolved or we can conclude that we just have to accept the fact that RC and FSA cannot work well together by their natures. 

This topic is about when I started to notice these strange AI issues, but I did not even think FSA could be the issue. And you will see in that thread another user (Asad) is having the exact issue I'm having. 

There are various forum posts over at FSA, LM, and UTLive with similar reports of strange ATC/AI behavior but nothing concrete and most of them topics fizzle.

However, I know for sure with the FSA December 2017 AIRAC I had communication frequency errors of some sort, because I had AI behave strangely/dormant, until they contacted the center controller, then they would suddenly disappear. All over the planet, every AI plane that contacted a center controller dissapeared. Short GA AI flights that remained on DEP/APCH controllers never disappeared. I also noticed that when using the default ATC, I could not contact any center controllers and my IFR flight plan would be eliminated as soon as I tried to contact center. When I would try to contact a default ATC center controller initially the ATC window would name the center controller but called it a "departure" controller. Shortly after my IFR plan was eliminated, with no possibility of contacting another controller until I entered approach airspace. I could contact an approach controller as a VFR flight, but that was all. This specific issue was instantly resolved when I updated to the new Jan 2018 AIRAC. But the "AI not freezing on takeoff/landing so I can" issue remains.

So, I don't think RC is not working, I think RC and all its components are working fine, If I could just gather some common denominator (other RC4/FSA users with the exact same issue) to bring to Jose at FSAerodata, then I think he is able to help. He is very good at customer service over there.

For now I either just use the default ATC or use RC, turn off crash detection, ignore tower go-arounds, and just run through AI....closing my eyes.    

Paul,

The only thing I can suggest is you remove FSA from the sim and see how things go. The difference will tell you the influence it’s having.

RC doesn’t really know snout FSX or P3D. It just reacts to data fed to it via FSUIPC. It might be worth bringing this up on Pete’s forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The only thing I can suggest to save lots of inspection work is to install the free Traffic Look by Pete Dowson from here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

The program can be installed in any folder. You don't have to have RC running. FSUIPC must be installed (including the "free" version that will start with FS. Just bring up FS with a parked flight at at a busy airport of interest. It will open its own window displaying a table with a row for each active and parked ai aircraft (choose ground or flight table) with the status of each. When incoming flights get close enough it will show the FS/P3D runway assigned.

If Traffic Look sees the aircraft, RC should be getting the information.

On 22/01/2018 at 4:52 AM, pracines said:

Been using RC for decades and RC4.3 should be freezing (like it always had in the past) AI once we are cleared for take off or cleared to land, but for some reason RC4.3 is no longer doing that for me (P3Dv4.1). For me it does not matter if I use UTLive or default traffic, whether its a busy airport or not very busy. If there is even one AI plane ready to takeoff, it pulls right out in front of me, yet I was cleared to land before they were cleared for takeoff.

I have the latest FSUIPC and MakeRunways and upon every AIRAC update or any scenery change I always rebuild my scenery databases.  

Ray, I'm wondering if this has something to do with FSAerodata and its communication frequency updates. Do you happen to subscribe to FSAerodata updates? https://www.fsaerodata.com/ 

I use navigraph navdata and still have this problem

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I replaced the f4.csv file that was in the RC4/data folder with the one in my root P3D folder and have been testing things out. Many frequencies are different with the newer f4.csv and that may very well be the issue at hand -I was on the wrong frequencies with the older data. 

I will keep testing this possible solution, nothing certain yet. 

Paul,

I would have thought the RC Database update would do that itself.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The f4.csv in the the root folder for FS apps was written upon my request by Pete Dowson (FSUIPC) when makerwys is executed as part of the scenery rebuild, The file is not transferred to rcv4/data replacing the old fixed one. This file extracts data from the installed scenery during a scenery rebuild. This gives  the user the option of transferring single airport lines to the existing original f4.csv (from the rc install process) or replacing the entire file. It is a way of handling new airports added to scenery.

Warning! Do not start rc without an f4.csv in its data folder. It will cause a corruption requiring a reinstall of rc. This is an optional custom procedure.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Paul,

I would have thought the RC Database update would do that itself.

Yes, as Ron confirmed it actually was the original. The new one from the P3Dv4 root is a little smaller in size. The frequencies now match the real world charts w/o having to edit the frequencies in the controller info window.

But this still does not solve the problem of RC4 clearing planes for takeoff while I'm on short final....ugh.

I will not buy Pro-ATC/x until I'm satisfied that Pro-ATC/x is much better than RC4. Plus I already have PFPX and I don't need another planner. 

I will just reluctantly use the P3Dv4 ATC w/ EditVoicePack XL accelerated to max. I will simply ignore the occasional ridiculous heading commands by replying "say again" lol.

6 hours ago, pracines said:

But this still does not solve the problem of RC4 clearing planes for takeoff while I'm on short final....ugh.

Frustrating. Maybe look at your Ai % is it's particularly high. I have no idea why it does this. Testing was over 10 years ago and perhaps we had lower Ai settings as computers weren't as powerful as they are now.

Frustrating but overall still a decent package and without all the unwanted bells and whistles of alternatives.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather