Sign in to follow this  
xender

What can cause this issue with the particles effect and with the strobe/nav lights?

Hi guys

i have a really strange issue with the particles effect and the strobe/nav lights. Please look at the screenshots bellow. The issue is intermittent. Sometimes it happens and fixes itself if i change views. It happens anywhere where particles are shown. Also happens to ai aicrafts/

I have restored my p3d effects folder from scratch and the issue persists so im clueless now. This is with P3D 4.1. I also have a radeon r9 290 and windows 7

pk9F9hM.png

ajqtcGE.jpg

UI3bqBI.png1JZ0THf.jpgjn7SgLP.jpgpcKRIsY.jpgUVwO8V3.jpgjhMzkwb.jpgyrJ2uOG.jpg

Juan Ramos

Looks like the fireworks effects in cities. Like it invaded all your other particle effects lol.

Have you tried deleting shaders?

Another possible solution is to reinstall the client component.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Hello Juan,

It looks more like the  fx_2.bmp  from \Effects \Texture folder being incorrectly applied. Though I am not running P3D I have no immediate answer, perhaps a P3Dv4.1 expert can chime in to assist.

05a4b8863de39ab89ee7e7e6fe30fbb5.png

• Upvote 1

I helped a user with this problem already.

Windows 10 installed automatically for you new drivers for your R9 GPU and with it a software video control panel (the equivalent to Nvidia control panel).

If you search on AIG forums you will find my posts about this issue and R9 video cards.

Unistall the video control panel software, leave only the drivers and you will be trouble free, I don't remember the name of the control panel software right now, will post it later when I get to the office.

Leave the textures untouched.

Simbol 

Thanks guys. I will try your suggestions and report back

Juan Ramos

17 minutes ago, xender said:

Thanks guys. I will try your suggestions and report back

Ok I just confirmed, you need to uninstall the AMD catalyst software as this is trying to change your video card performance dynamically causing Directx artifacts with P3DV4 lights particles.

You are now the 3rd user I know with the same issue, it took me 4 hours of remote support to discover the problem the first time.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Ok I just confirmed, you need to uninstall the AMD catalyst software as this is trying to change your video card performance dynamically causing Directx artifacts with P3DV4 lights particles.

You are now the 3rd user I know with the same issue, it took me 4 hours of remote support to discover the problem the first time.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Makes a lot of sense. As soon as i get to my house i will roll back to an older release.

Thanks!

Juan Ramos

51 minutes ago, xender said:

Makes a lot of sense. As soon as i get to my house i will roll back to an older release.

Thanks!

Just unistall the catalyst software and leave the new drivers, this is how the others users resolved it.

Simbol 

On 05.01.2018 at 10:04 AM, simbol said:

I helped a user with this problem already.

Windows 10 installed automatically for you new drivers for your R9 GPU and with it a software video control panel (the equivalent to Nvidia control panel).

If you search on AIG forums you will find my posts about this issue and R9 video cards.

Unistall the video control panel software, leave only the drivers and you will be trouble free, I don't remember the name of the control panel software right now, will post it later when I get to the office.

Leave the textures untouched.

Simbol 

Hi, simbol! I read and write in English badly, excuse me, please, give me a link to the AIG forum, where you wrote about this issue. Now I have the same fault. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Alexandr Zlotsky said:

Hi, simbol! I read and write in English badly, excuse me, please, give me a link to the AIG forum, where you wrote about this issue. Now I have the same fault. Thanks.

Here is a link about my bug: 

Thanks, Simbol.

46 minutes ago, Alexandr Zlotsky said:

Alex this is the link:

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=26509.15

The resolution was to un-install AMD Crimson ReLive, however I am not sure if your issue is the same.

Do you have an AMD video card?

Regards 

Simbol 

14 minutes ago, Alexandr Zlotsky said:

Thanks. I have the Radeon RX 460, Asus, STRIX, 4Gb DDR5, 128-bit  video card.  

Remove AMD Crimson ReLive.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1