Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

What the Heck! Nvidia 3D Vision Support in P3D 4.1?

Tonight I fired up P3D 4.1 and was shocked to see that all of a sudden Nvidia 3D Vision was working. I had not used P3D for a couple of months due to time constraints. I did a quick buzz around so I did not get to test it that much. That will come tomorrow night. I did not make any setting changes. I might have updated the driver but not started the sim. I am flabbergasted as I was under the impression that P3D did not support 3D vision. I thought it was a P3D issue not a driver issue. Can anyone comment on this? 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

On 1/5/2018 at 0:22 AM, phoenixphire said:

Tonight I fired up P3D 4.1 and was shocked to see that all of a sudden Nvidia 3D Vision was working. I had not used P3D for a couple of months due to time constraints. I did a quick buzz around so I did not get to test it that much. That will come tomorrow night. I did not make any setting changes. I might have updated the driver but not started the sim. I am flabbergasted as I was under the impression that P3D did not support 3D vision. I thought it was a P3D issue not a driver issue. Can anyone comment on this? 

Bump - I'm interested in hearing about this as well

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

That would be very good news. Thank you for the info.

I will do a test tomorrow and report back. 

Cees van der Linden

2 hours ago, Arnaud Fontaines said:

hi

really?

how you did that...i'm struggling to make it work since long time. Do you have one monitor?

please let me know

thanks!!

JC

jcalbou@gmail.com

I'm mystified. Like I posted I don't know how it happened. I just started P3D and all of a sudden I had 3D. No idea. That's why I am asking the community to see if somebody knows of an update in 4.1 that I was unaware of. I read the change log and I don't recall seeing that update in the change log, but mabye I missed it.  It did not work the first time I fired up P3D after I updated the client. My assumption is that in the last Nvidia driver update it was enabled? That might not be how it works though. I may have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere I was unaware of. 

Mike Keigley

When you first start up P3DV4 it may or may not recognize your video card and you have to make sure it sees it and set it at the proper resolution.  So, the first time you start up P3DV4, it could be ugly until you adjust some settings or you restart the application.  I was a bit confused with your topic as 3D Vision only relates to support for 3D Glasses or Stereoscopic views.  I thought you were missing that capability.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

When you first start up P3DV4 it may or may not recognize your video card and you have to make sure it sees it and set it at the proper resolution.  So, the first time you start up P3DV4, it could be ugly until you adjust some settings or you restart the application.  I was a bit confused with your topic as 3D Vision only relates to support for 3D Glasses or Stereoscopic views.  I thought you were missing that capability.

Well yes, Jim you are correct. I am talking about being able to use Nvidia's 3D Vision via the 3D glasses. I was always under the impression that P3D did not support 3D vision. I thought that it is possible that in the last update where LM supported VR that maybe they also supported 3D vision. I have not specifically read any documentation on that change. Even the first time I started 4.1 after the client update I saw no 3D at all. I had run the sim a number of times and nothing then poof! it just started working. 

Mike Keigley

Okay.  You were on the right track.  I fell off the wrong track.  I have 3D Vision glasses and have always had issues getting it to work right away and it is probably because P3D engine is old.  Glad you got it working.  I have yet to try it with P3DV4.  I have to turn off my 34 inch monitor and just use my 25 inch 120HZ monitor I got just for 3D.  Too many other things have keep me busy.

Glad you got your glasses working!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well the immersion factor is incredible. I would prefer VR. I tried oculus but I could not handle the low res so I am going to wait until the technology matures. Thing is I just don't know how I got it to work. I may haver to dive into my settings to try to figure it out. 

Mike Keigley

4 minutes ago, phoenixphire said:

Well the immersion factor is incredible. I would prefer VR. I tried oculus but I could not handle the low res so I am going to wait until the technology matures. Thing is I just don't know how I got it to work. I may haver to dive into my settings to try to figure it out. 

If you figure it out please share. Since seeing your post I tried mine but it does not work and I have an LG NVidia 3d vision ready monitor. Works great with FSX but a no go with PP3d.

Curious: Does Lockheed have any plans to make PP3d, 3d compatible

Robin

It's all there with the latest driver and installing the 3d drivers. Prepar3d is even listed in the programs as Good. Wish I had the set of glasses.

4 hours ago, phoenixphire said:

I had run the sim a number of times and nothing then poof! it just started working. 

Are you seeing any downsides like blurriness, shimmer or loss of frames?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

No luck here.

It has to do with real full screen applications and I don't think I've read somewhere that you can run Prepared in real full screen.

Please tell me if I'm wrong .

Regards, Cees

Cees van der Linden

On 2018-01-11 at 9:25 PM, gboz said:

Are you seeing any downsides like blurriness, shimmer or loss of frames?

gb.

Yes there are a few. If you call up a 2D CDU panel and click in the wrong spot then 3D will revert back to 2D for a very short time then revert back. Also there is some ghosting in the displays at night. 

Mike Keigley

5 hours ago, phoenixphire said:

Yes there are a few. If you call up a 2D CDU panel and click in the wrong spot then 3D will revert back to 2D for a very short time then revert back. Also there is some ghosting in the displays at night. 

Ok, thanks.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.