Jump to content

phoenixphire

What the Heck! Nvidia 3D Vision Support in P3D 4.1?

Recommended Posts

Tonight I fired up P3D 4.1 and was shocked to see that all of a sudden Nvidia 3D Vision was working. I had not used P3D for a couple of months due to time constraints. I did a quick buzz around so I did not get to test it that much. That will come tomorrow night. I did not make any setting changes. I might have updated the driver but not started the sim. I am flabbergasted as I was under the impression that P3D did not support 3D vision. I thought it was a P3D issue not a driver issue. Can anyone comment on this? 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/5/2018 at 0:22 AM, phoenixphire said:

Tonight I fired up P3D 4.1 and was shocked to see that all of a sudden Nvidia 3D Vision was working. I had not used P3D for a couple of months due to time constraints. I did a quick buzz around so I did not get to test it that much. That will come tomorrow night. I did not make any setting changes. I might have updated the driver but not started the sim. I am flabbergasted as I was under the impression that P3D did not support 3D vision. I thought it was a P3D issue not a driver issue. Can anyone comment on this? 

Bump - I'm interested in hearing about this as well

Share this post


Link to post

That would be very good news. Thank you for the info.

I will do a test tomorrow and report back. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Arnaud Fontaines said:

hi

really?

how you did that...i'm struggling to make it work since long time. Do you have one monitor?

please let me know

thanks!!

JC

jcalbou@gmail.com

I'm mystified. Like I posted I don't know how it happened. I just started P3D and all of a sudden I had 3D. No idea. That's why I am asking the community to see if somebody knows of an update in 4.1 that I was unaware of. I read the change log and I don't recall seeing that update in the change log, but mabye I missed it.  It did not work the first time I fired up P3D after I updated the client. My assumption is that in the last Nvidia driver update it was enabled? That might not be how it works though. I may have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere I was unaware of. 

Share this post


Link to post

When you first start up P3DV4 it may or may not recognize your video card and you have to make sure it sees it and set it at the proper resolution.  So, the first time you start up P3DV4, it could be ugly until you adjust some settings or you restart the application.  I was a bit confused with your topic as 3D Vision only relates to support for 3D Glasses or Stereoscopic views.  I thought you were missing that capability.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

When you first start up P3DV4 it may or may not recognize your video card and you have to make sure it sees it and set it at the proper resolution.  So, the first time you start up P3DV4, it could be ugly until you adjust some settings or you restart the application.  I was a bit confused with your topic as 3D Vision only relates to support for 3D Glasses or Stereoscopic views.  I thought you were missing that capability.

Well yes, Jim you are correct. I am talking about being able to use Nvidia's 3D Vision via the 3D glasses. I was always under the impression that P3D did not support 3D vision. I thought that it is possible that in the last update where LM supported VR that maybe they also supported 3D vision. I have not specifically read any documentation on that change. Even the first time I started 4.1 after the client update I saw no 3D at all. I had run the sim a number of times and nothing then poof! it just started working. 

Share this post


Link to post

Okay.  You were on the right track.  I fell off the wrong track.  I have 3D Vision glasses and have always had issues getting it to work right away and it is probably because P3D engine is old.  Glad you got it working.  I have yet to try it with P3DV4.  I have to turn off my 34 inch monitor and just use my 25 inch 120HZ monitor I got just for 3D.  Too many other things have keep me busy.

Glad you got your glasses working!

Best regards,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post

Well the immersion factor is incredible. I would prefer VR. I tried oculus but I could not handle the low res so I am going to wait until the technology matures. Thing is I just don't know how I got it to work. I may haver to dive into my settings to try to figure it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, phoenixphire said:

Well the immersion factor is incredible. I would prefer VR. I tried oculus but I could not handle the low res so I am going to wait until the technology matures. Thing is I just don't know how I got it to work. I may haver to dive into my settings to try to figure it out. 

If you figure it out please share. Since seeing your post I tried mine but it does not work and I have an LG NVidia 3d vision ready monitor. Works great with FSX but a no go with PP3d.

Curious: Does Lockheed have any plans to make PP3d, 3d compatible

Share this post


Link to post

It's all there with the latest driver and installing the 3d drivers. Prepar3d is even listed in the programs as Good. Wish I had the set of glasses.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, phoenixphire said:

I had run the sim a number of times and nothing then poof! it just started working. 

Are you seeing any downsides like blurriness, shimmer or loss of frames?

gb.

Share this post


Link to post

No luck here.

It has to do with real full screen applications and I don't think I've read somewhere that you can run Prepared in real full screen.

Please tell me if I'm wrong .

Regards, Cees

Share this post


Link to post
On 2018-01-11 at 9:25 PM, gboz said:

Are you seeing any downsides like blurriness, shimmer or loss of frames?

gb.

Yes there are a few. If you call up a 2D CDU panel and click in the wrong spot then 3D will revert back to 2D for a very short time then revert back. Also there is some ghosting in the displays at night. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, phoenixphire said:

Yes there are a few. If you call up a 2D CDU panel and click in the wrong spot then 3D will revert back to 2D for a very short time then revert back. Also there is some ghosting in the displays at night. 

Ok, thanks.

gb.

Share this post


Link to post

@phoenixfire,

let’s be specific. Exactly which version of Nvidia drivers do you have and I assume Windows 10 ( which build ). Did you load ALL of the driver options including 3d support? Which version of P3Dv4 are you running? - I think you said 4.1 Are your 3d glasses using a usb connection and what version. What Nvidia  settings did you enable with the config app, etc... does it work with any size windows? Is there a test program for your glasses than P3D? Which video card do you have?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post

Does NVidia 3D Vision work with non NVidia 3D TVs and glasses? (I have a Pani 3D capable TV  that came with 2 pair of with LCD shutter type wireless glasses - can i use it?)

Share this post


Link to post

You can check if it does. I think it only works with the Nvidia glasses. But if your TV supports 120hz it should support 3D vision if you have the Nvidia glasses. They cost a bomb though. 

Share this post


Link to post

still struggling to make it work. I also have 3d vision glasses, p3D V4.1 but no 3D ;(

can you please share the resolution you are working with? Did you put vsync on?

i know that the 3D vision using P3D V1xx was fantastic in term of immersion. I just want it back with v4.1 !!

ps: i tried aerofly FS2 in VR ...it is really amazing and far better than P3D V4 in VR

JC

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...