Sign in to follow this  

Cloud texture addons: who needs 20 GB of textures...

Enhanced cloud bases let the cloud base look darker.

About the three alto cumulus clouds i suggest to google pictures of them to get an picture how they look, that applies also for roll clouds.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

:laugh:

Indeed funny and smart! :-)))
And believe me, you wont regret it!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 minute ago, JoeFackel said:

About the three alto cumulus clouds i suggest to google pictures of them to get an picture how they look, that applies also for roll clouds.

Joe,

Do you know what the "roll Clouds" options brings, I currently have it off. Please don't reply it brings Rolling clouds lol, insight me please.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, J van E said:

Maybe I'd better ask this on the REX forum though.

I think you will find your banned :laugh:

Sorry could not resist. 

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Joe,

Do you know what the "roll Clouds" options brings, I currently have it off. Please don't reply it brings Rolling clouds lol, insight me please.

I don't have seen one yet but as far as i understand it it will inject an roll cloud model if there is one reported or the right weather conditions have been met.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

9 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Ok, thanks. I will keep that disabled then, I think.

And thanks for the google tip. I think I will leave it at the default floccus.

But do I actually have to click that Install Now button on the Models page or will the sync option take care of all this anyway?

8 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

I don't have seen one yet but as far as i understand it it will inject an roll cloud model if there is one reported or the right weather conditions have been met.

OK Thank you, I have the Enhanced cloud bases On and love the Dark foreboding look it can gives. Totally overcast should be dark underneath.

• Upvote 1

Since the SkyForce thread got closed down and I don't want to start a new one, would anyone be kind enough to come up with a screenshot of full overcast at FL300 or higher? Curious as to whether the holes in the clouds are visible. Thanks.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Since the SkyForce thread got closed down and I don't want to start a new one, would anyone be kind enough to come up with a screenshot of full overcast at FL300 or higher? Curious as to whether the holes in the clouds are visible. Thanks.

Page 3

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, J van E said:

But do I actually have to click that Install Now button on the Models page or will the sync option take care of all this anyway?

I don't own Skyforce, but I suspect you have to install. I figure it works like the ASCA  Full Dynamics theme. You also have to install this before ASP4 can  swap textures.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 minute ago, Rimshot said:

I don't own Skyforce, but I suspect you have to install. I figure it works like the ASCA  Full Dynamics theme. You also have to install this before ASP4 can  swap textures.

Ok, yes, well, since I bought it I might was well use (or at least try) everything of it. :happy:

Thanks David. This doesn't look half way bad, I may give it a go. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

8 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Thanks David. This doesn't look half way bad, I may give it a go. 

Rex say the clouds are optimized. Like for like I see no FPS difference but what amazed me was within AS I can now with SF set Cloud draw to 200 nm and still have full overcast with SSAA and have very little hit on FPS. That's a sim changer for me. The last time I tried that it did not end well :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Rex say the clouds are optimized. Like for like I see no FPS difference but what amzined me was within AS I can now with SF set Cloud draw to 200 nm and still have full overcast with SSAA and have very little hit on FPS. That's a sim changer for me. The last time I tried that it did not end well :biggrin:

David, what resolution are you setting your clouds to?

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

David, what resolution are you setting your clouds to?

DTX5 Clouds to 512 Erich, the softer the better and the least hit on performance the better for me.