Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Looking for a tropical destination flight tonight

Good day all...

Im looking at flying to a tropical destination tonight in the 747, I’m looking for something that has available scenery. I’m thinking along the lines of Cacun, Cuba etc...

any suggestions along with scenery?

Thanks 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I don't think I've yet to see a decent Cancun. I'd go with the TNCM from FlyTampa, as a matter of fact I think I'll fly over there myself, being that Chicago is stupid cold right now.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I’ll check it out,

leave room on the tarmac in case I decide to head out there !!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

This is actually one of my favorite flight themes. Major US airport with crappy weather to a tropical destination. There is so little scenery in V4 it can be a little challenging to find two cities. The lack of a Cancun is a big issue - for 3 years someone has said they are doing it but I have seen nothing except a teaser pic of the tower. Because they have said they are doing it, no one else is touching the airport (yes this is a sore spot because it is my favorite destination IRL).

All Payware (some ore ports from FSX)

San Juan

Punta Cana

Aruba

Curacao

Caracas

Kingston

Montego Bay

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I just did KJFK to TJSJ, felt good to leave to snow behind😀.But now it's back to reality and I'm off too work.

13 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

This is actually one of my favorite flight themes. Major US airport with crappy weather to a tropical destination. There is so little scenery in V4 it can be a little challenging to find two cities. The lack of a Cancun is a big issue - for 3 years someone has said they are doing it but I have seen nothing except a teaser pic of the tower. Because they have said they are doing it, no one else is touching the airport (yes this is a sore spot because it is my favorite destination IRL).

All Payware (some ore ports from FSX)

San Juan

Punta Cana

Aruba

Curacao

Caracas

Kingston

Montego Bay

This is also my fovroite type of themed flight, Leaving my home-ish airport CYYZ and head to a warm tropical destination, Fun to see the snow go away and temperatures rise, Amd simulate the return into the cold and snow

• Upvote 1

Plus plus Fly Tampa's TNCM - St Maatin.  Haha...while you're there, you need to take a hop over to Fly Tampa's SABA Island, but you better rent a Twotter or BN-2 because I don't think you'll be able to drop a 747 down on a 400m strip

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

St Maartens is sure the best place to land with747 in this zone.

Look only after... videos on you-tube, and look from the beach the runway... Not before you risk to crash 😣

58 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Plus plus Fly Tampa's TNCM - St Maatin.  Haha...while you're there, you need to take a hop over to Fly Tampa's SABA Island, but you better rent a Twotter or BN-2 because I don't think you'll be able to drop a 747 down on a 400m strip

I love landing on RWY 10 at St. Barts TFFJ. One of my favorite challenging airports... whoops. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Vh0oJro3A

• Upvote 1

Grand Cayman Islands! You fly right over Cuba if you leave from Florida.  Latin VFR has very good scenery, including the prerequisite docked cruise ships.  While you are lounging at Grand Cayman you can fly hops to Montego Bay (also Latin VFR) and also to places like Cancun and Cozumel.  I make the FSX trip to the Caymans each January.  Great vantage point for additional hops in GA aircraft like the also prerequisite Grand Caravan!

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, duckbilled said:

The lack of a Cancun is a big issue

Latin VFR

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Folks,

And my favorite where you don’t even have to leave the country - Key West (LatinVFR) - anything from a 737 on down seems to land here on a relatively short challenging runway...

San Juan (LatinVFR) makes a great base of operations for turbos or twins to hop around the islands once you get there - seems to have flights everywhere - such as Tradewind Aviation’s PC-12’s to Saint Bart’s (FlyTampa)... Honestly - I have yet to make a good landing there with Carenado’s bird - made many attempts - too slippery or I’m a bad pilot...

Taxi2Gate need to get on the stick with some v4 love in the Carribean - have a few that need updates...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Latin VFR

Was this announced somewhere? I can't find anything on their forum. I also can't find any updates to the original story at AirDailyX.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Tropicalsim has a very nice TFFF worth checking out.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.