Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Looking for a tropical destination flight tonight

Come to beautiful downtown Bali, WADD - BDO Aviation. excellent scenery, excellent destination and, apart from the bloody tourists, a great place to live. 

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

35 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Was this announced somewhere? I can't find anything on their forum. I also can't find any updates to the original story at AirDailyX.

My Mistake. I looked at my previous order receipt to quickly.  Appears it is from "Latin Enhance", whoever that is.  Anyway I have it and fly there once a year from the Caymans.

From my 2012 receipt
Products Ordered:

1 x LATINVFR - CAYMAN ISLANDS X (3901)
    Delivery Method Direct Download
    Sold by LatinVFR
1 x LATINVFR - MONTEGO BAY JAMAICA MKJS ()
    Sold by LatinVFR
1 x LATIN ENHANCE- CANCÚN X () = EUR 12.00
    Sold by Latin Enhance
Sub-Total: 
included Tax: EUR 0.00
Total: EUR 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hrs ago he posted..

you didnt think about he already made a trip and is sleeping now ?

Or am I getting grumpy..?

No havnt made the trip yet, Had to work all day ;)

Planning TNCM as we speak from the cold cold Toronto. But Now I have a few places to see!!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

46 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Come to beautiful downtown Bali, WADD - BDO Aviation. excellent scenery, excellent destination and, apart from the bloody tourists, a great place to live. 

Regards

Tony

I'm quite Jealous!!!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

6 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Planning TNCM as we speak

Do you have reservations? It was devastated by an earthquake last Fall. Lost 70% of it's hotel and rooms inventory.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Gerry,

I Lived there on a Bukit (hill) overlooking the airport and Jimbaran Bay for five years before moving to East Java.

Believe it or not, it was the tourists (mainly young Aussies) who drove me away. It became a case of becoming increasingly embarrassed about being an Aussie.

Much more peaceful here, no airport to overlook but no tourists either.  

That brings me to another Indonesian destination, Surabaya - WARR. Also BDO Aviation scenery. Pretty airport but not a great deal for any tourists.

Really just another big City.

Thanks for the "Greenness" LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

FIMP is another good one, from there you can make a 2nd destination to HTKJ

12 hours ago, duckbilled said:

This is actually one of my favorite flight themes. Major US airport with crappy weather to a tropical destination. There is so little scenery in V4 it can be a little challenging to find two cities. The lack of a Cancun is a big issue - for 3 years someone has said they are doing it but I have seen nothing except a teaser pic of the tower. Because they have said they are doing it, no one else is touching the airport (yes this is a sore spot because it is my favorite destination IRL).

All Payware (some ore ports from FSX)

San Juan

Punta Cana

Aruba

Curacao

Caracas

Kingston

Montego Bay

Aruba (TNCA) and Curacao (TNCC) have been redone for P3D4 recently by Tropicalsim, if I remember correctly, there was a discount for owners of previous versions.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

4 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Regards

Tony

There is a beautiful P3D3 Bali scenery by Aerosoft. As far as I can see, it works in P3D4 too.

Greetings from Thailand. Not a bad place to pass one's retirement either.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Erhard,

Greetings  ... Best food in the world there mate. I spent some time in beautiful Hadji (southern Thailand) and loved it.

Good luck to you.

Cheers 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

I love these kind of flights, I spend a good chunk of my winter flying taking virtual Canadian tourists to the Caribbean.  It’s a cool opportunity to fly 737s and A320s from airports that don’t normally see them or on routes that don’t exist for the other 9-10 months of the year.

Somehow I can never bring myself to fly the return legs back to Canada :)

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Well! It's 23:00 hundred on the east coast.  Are you airborne? What is your fix? What is your destination and expected arrival?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

16 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Well! It's 23:00 hundred on the east coast.  Are you airborne? What is your fix? What is your destination and expected arrival?

Ive just hit TOD into TNCM from YYZ as I type this, I’m about 130 nm NW of the airport coming in for the RNAV approach runway 10....

hope to grease it!!!

Cool thread everyone, thanks!

- Aaron