Sign in to follow this  
jimst57

Unexpected ATC Instructions

I planned the following route which, according to SkyVector, is a preferred ATC route. I assume that this is a preferred route to take you around some mountain areas.

KSNA SLI AHEIM OLLIE POXKU EBITE PDZ DEHAM DEGNE KRIV

Very shortly after takeoff I am vectored by ATC away from the course and given vectors to the ILS at KRIV. The vectored path takes me right into the mountain area.

I'd like to fly the route as filed, and then get vectors when I get close to KRIV.

Why am I vectored so soon away from the filed course?

What can I do to be able to fly the route as filed?

Thanks Dave.

Thanks for the report.

Due to the proximity of the departure and destination airports, you are being transferred to Approach control right after takeoff.

You should be able to reduce your Approach Radius down to 10NM and keep your Groundspeed below 180 so that you get transferred to Approach Control later in the flight and begin getting vectors around PDZ.

The next release, groundspeed will not have as much impact either.

Dave 

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: It worked well. Thanks. As a suggestion, couldn't the program sense the cruise speed and then automatically adjust the distances?

Edited by jimst57