Hi, I know these are two different types of yokes (control loading vs non control loading), but trying to figure out what to get to replace my ch yoke.  I really can't find many reviews on control loading yokes (I guess because they are so expensive, few people have them).  I guess, is control loading a huge difference in immersion ?  I pretty much just fly the Majestic Q400 and eventually may get a PMDG jet or Quality Wings 787 when it's available.   Is control loading a big deal with jets vs props?

I hear good things about the yoko, but without trying one, I can't tell if it's worth $1000 from my CH since they both are non control loading yokes.

Thanks

Bill

IMHO force feedback would only be worth it for very active contact flying, even if it worked well. I don't have a Brunner but I have had the Iris and yoke and the effects stand or fall on how well the control forces are integrated into the sim. With the Iris it simply wasn't worth the trouble, adding minimal if any value for me. And I do like to fly GA and small strips. I went from that Iris to a Yoko and the difference was night and day. The Yoko is a superlative 'dumb' yoke, while the Iris is a mediocre 'smart' yoke. Perhaps the Brunner is so good that it out-does everything, but I can't see it.

For my money, the Yoko is the way to go. Is it 'worth' $1000? That's a meaningless question. But as a controller it is far, far better than the CH. The only downside some might consider is that it doesn't have many buttons (6).

You can see video reviews of the Yoko, Iris, Saitek, Saitek Cessna, CH Eclipse and Elite yokes on my YT channel.

P.S. If you live in the UK I can sell you an Elite yoke ;)

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Yoko, Yoko, Yoko !! Had the CH for 8 years and it is night and day.  The Yoko has as much travel as most GA planes.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Just got my Yoko   Love it.  Once you try it you will see what you have been missing. Its worth the money.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Can you elaborate on the button set up on the Yoko, I have been considering buying one , but am a bit put off by the lack of a dedicated hat switch. As I already have a Virtual Fly TQ6, the company have said that they will offer the yoke to me at a discounted price, but I am still a little wary.

Cheers,

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

5 hours ago, Freo said:

Can you elaborate on the button set up on the Yoko, I have been considering buying one , but am a bit put off by the lack of a dedicated hat switch.

The yoke has a two-way (fore-aft) rocker switch on the left horn and a two-way (left-right) rocker switch on the right horn. And a push-button under each forefinger. That's it. It can emulate the functions of a hat switch by holding the left push-button and moving the rocker switches, but that's not the same as the real thing.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply. Suppose I could always fit a hat switch as an after thought. Probably get one from Leo Bodnar.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,