Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

Oculus Rift

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, NoahBryant said:

I just want to stress to everyone: If you are trying to do VR in P3D without FlyInside, you are doing yourself a great disservice. P3D VR support is nothing compared to what FI is able to do. I dont blame people for disliking VR in P3D if all they tried was the VR setting in P3d, it's terrible. 

Native VR in P3D 4.2 is as good, if not better, than Flyinside. Easy to use, no problems with other add-ons, etc. Native VR in XP11 is even better, considering that you can use touch controls.


Intel i7 9700k - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - Gigabyte Aorus Z390 ULTRA - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 2tb SSD - 10Tb HDD - Samsung NU7409 43" 4K-UHD TV
Oculus Rift S (Native VR) + TrackIR
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke + Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
X-Plane 11 / Prepar3D V4 / DCS

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

Native VR in P3D 4.2 is as good, if not better, than Flyinside. Easy to use, no problems with other add-ons, etc. Native VR in XP11 is even better, considering that you can use touch controls.

After playing around with both, I'd say I agree. Native supports Chaseplane cameras and HDR lighting and is a bit clearer and simpler. Flyinside has a bit better performance, zoom and support for importing external windows, although I find it a bit messy and you have resize and mess around to make it work.

I'd say now after playing around a bit longer that native has a slight edge if you have powerful machine.

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah I always create a PDF with my flight plan and all my terminal charts so I can bring it into the cockpit and view them. No way to do that without FI. Plus the zoom is important for planes like the CRJ and the Dash 8 where the text is too small to read. I'd like P3d to get to the point where I don't need FI but it's just not even close. 

I'd give anything for a way to take good screenshots though. I really miss that.  

Edited by NoahBryant

Noah Bryant
 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, NoahBryant said:

Yeah I always create a PDF with my flight plan and all my terminal charts so I can bring it into the cockpit and view them. No way to do that without FI. Plus the zoom is important for planes like the CRJ and the Dash 8 where the text is too small to read. I'd like P3d to get to the point where I don't need FI but it's just not even close. 

I'd give anything for a way to take good screenshots though. I really miss that.  

Of course it is possible. The Rift software does this natively. 


Intel i7 9700k - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - Gigabyte Aorus Z390 ULTRA - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 2tb SSD - 10Tb HDD - Samsung NU7409 43" 4K-UHD TV
Oculus Rift S (Native VR) + TrackIR
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke + Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
X-Plane 11 / Prepar3D V4 / DCS

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Of course it is possible. The Rift software does this natively. 

Which one? I mentioned three things?


Noah Bryant
 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, NoahBryant said:

Which one? I mentioned three things?

You can pin, resize and move up to three 2D windows in the VR cockpit using the latest Oculus Dash software. This implementation is better than Flyinside's, in my opinion.

As for zooming in, this is also possible in X-Plane.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

Intel i7 9700k - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - Gigabyte Aorus Z390 ULTRA - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 2tb SSD - 10Tb HDD - Samsung NU7409 43" 4K-UHD TV
Oculus Rift S (Native VR) + TrackIR
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke + Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
X-Plane 11 / Prepar3D V4 / DCS

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

You can pin, resize and move up to three 2D windows in the VR cockpit using the latest Oculus Dash software. This implementation is better than Flyinside's, in my opinion.

As for zooming in, this is also possible in X-Plane.

I did not know this. Fantastic! Thanks for the info.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, GCBraun said:

You can pin, resize and move up to three 2D windows in the VR cockpit using the latest Oculus Dash software. This implementation is better than Flyinside's, in my opinion.

As for zooming in, this is also possible in X-Plane.

 

Excellent thank you, I will look at it. 


Noah Bryant
 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    2%
    $705.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...