Sign in to follow this  
snpower

144hz 2k w/Gsync Monitor - Performance ?

I have read numerous comments about locking frame rates to 1/2 of your monitor refresh rate - this won't work for 144hz @ 2k obviously, and I was curious what others with this setup might be finding for optimal graphics card settings? For me, using Nvidia Inspector to turn on Triple Buffering and V-Sync seems to yield 30-40 frames unless/until I hit a metro area or a lot of bad weather. This is with my Ryzen 1600x CPU and an EVGA 1080 card. I have frames locked at 40 (sort of a random selection, admittedly), and the rest of my settings are in the attached screenshots. I will say this - everything is pretty smooth. While I'd like a bit of improvement in the metro areas or under heavy weather... I can't complain. I'm really curious if I am missing anything obvious, since my rig has only been up and running for a month now.  I use Toposim, ORBX, ENVDIR, Active Sky/ASCA. Thoughts?

y4mDTRN4DBdFhOR0sqoFDi0vmtAn5AGrG2kz1Y5B

y4mhXgIJukACfaI2RMBAzzfJODzl907wQQblf7Ix

y4myE-M6kyF6cJPJPSVEXI-wK6kd7ltNP3k-2pw3y4mSsn3NNJpEW2Le2EWOcKcwhPA42Q72XrLbquIf

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

I probably have the same(Asus swift) or similar monitor and same video card. Those are pretty close to my settings. As long as you keep the sim above the gsync minimum and it looks smooth then you are good to go right? 

The only thing I can't stand is judder and aliasing and that's whats important to me so that's how I tune. 

Sets 1/2 refresh rate its a very poor idea. Maybe for persons who dont see differenece between 30 or 60 fps on monitor without Track IR :D. 1/2 its a case of small stutter also. Maybe it was good idea for FSX but not for P3Dv4 at all.

I have the same monitor (perhaps). Gsync is on, 144Hz. I dont see no any problems. Gsync works also. For sure in P3Dv4 vsync is off and unlimited frames. I have min 40 fps, mostly 80-110.

The problem of bad weather and fps drop could be antialiasing (for example if You use REX Soft Clouds). You have 2, I have 4, so strange (I have more). You didnt write about Your GPU. i have 1080Ti.

I’ll add later my settings.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Mine settings:

h3DC9qLl.jpg

eojVmaKl.jpg

iW88LS8l.jpg

aR1ketTl.jpg

WFAP7iYl.jpg

btw. I havent REX Sky Force 3D but perhaps it helps for fps with poor weather (and antialiasing) also.

btw. why You ticked enable baomethry? Are You scuba diver? ;>

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

+ Gsync NVP: ticked windowed and full screen.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Thanks for the input. I'm on a Ryzen 1600X; the monitor is the Acer Predator.

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

It kinda works actually. Use adaptive sync and lock to 1/3 refresh. I have a 165hz monitor and am using 1/4 refresh. Locked to 40fps.