Sign in to follow this  
PaulGR

AI strobe lights not functioning

Well this is old but I'm still with this issue.

Anybody got it figured out?

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

It depends on your ai package.  If you have an ai package that uses standard fsx lights and you install the DX10 lights package then you should see lights without issue.  

If you have an ai package that uses lights  embedded in the model then I think that you will  still have visibility issues.  See what happens in spot view with all your aircraft lights turned on including the landing lights  - can you then see your ai lights?

plese also  tell me which ai package you use and which effect options you selected when installing the libraries.

From your post in the main forum it looks as I suspected that you see AI lights ok in spot view but not in VC.   That fits with your AI package using inbuilt lights.  

The only workaround (other than using a different AI package)  is to add a set of invisible effect lights just in front of  the aircraft you fly 

There are two effect files to do this provided with the fixer -  a visible version which you use to position the lights so that they are always visible from the VC   view (fx_dx10shieldtest.fx) and an invisible one which you can then substitute.  You need to edit the aircraft.cfg and position them as a nav light and set the position to be 10 feet in front of the cockpit window.