Sign in to follow this  
EmpireKicking

Searching For A380! That's Not Rubbish.

I spent good amount of time looking at A380 and all of them are just rubbish! there aren't any good A380 that you get get as regards to payware. I seen one yet I thought at the time that I known to be an freeware A380 that was better then that payware. Only one that I Seen that looks good was from Wilco.. even then what you pay for isn't that good!

I'm going to do an A380 flight night next week and darn I can not get any good one's  PS: Also Abacus A380 Version 2 is on sale!!

If you can't find any, there ain't any. Period.

And even the - in your eyes - bad models are the result of hundreds of hours of work. Always keep that in mind.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

A couple of years ago, I engaged in the elusive search for an a380 that was not total rubbish.  The one that came closest was the Overland (Simmers Sky) a380.  This is part of their Fly Into the Sky - Airbus edition.

On the downside, this is an old model (circa 2006) and looks like it.  It comes with a limited number of liveries.  There is no CDU;  it uses the default Garmin GPS.  The number of liveries is quite limited, though I think I found a few additional liveries.

On the upside, it is not expensive.  The Overland package also comes with A300, a319, a320, a321, a330 and a340 models -- all for 19.95 Euros.  So, if you hate it, you are not out all that much.

As for the Wilco -- it's Wilco.  Nuff said.

Project Airbus has a nice freeware model.  Problem is, its VC is for FS9 -- unless it has been updated since I last looked.  However several industrious simmers have kit-bashed a340 cockpits into it, usually the ones from Thomas Ruth or Wilco.  And there is a freeware FMS which can be used for it.  In fact, I found one of those kit bashed versions which had a lot of liveries; but I forget where.  I probably have it buried on my hard drive somewhere.

I will qualify everything by pointing out it has been a long time since I looked.  Truth of the matter is, my hanger is overflowing, and I have nicer models to fly than an old lumberjet.  Given the choice of a PMDG 777, PMDG 747, Qualitywings 787 or an old A380 for a long haul flight, the A380 is going to be at the bottom of that list.

Edit:  I just ran across another model.  It had a Quantas livery and was by Robert Versluys.  It is freeware, and can be found at https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1785/fsx-qantas-airbus-a380-800/  A big downside is, it has no virtual cockpit.  So you will be forced to kit bash something else in or just use a 2d panel.  I don't know if other liveries are available.  How do you feel about Sydney?

A while back I heard that there was someone making a good A380, but haven't heard anything about it for a while.

If you like X-Plane 11, I believe Peter Hagar has a pretty good one.

• Upvote 1

A380, the only freeware I've seen is the FS9 one done by Project Airbus. The version with the PA gauges is all XML (actually based on Ken Mitchell's Airbus panels), so I guess it should run on FSX without problems. It even has some kind of FBW (or at least the autotrim).

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

@anthonyg96  That's very good news, I expecting to be some year away as it will be an very big job. 

15 hours ago, tjstreak said:

I will qualify everything by pointing out it has been a long time since I looked.  Truth of the matter is, my hanger is overflowing, and I have nicer models to fly than an old lumberjet.  Given the choice of a PMDG 777, PMDG 747, Qualitywings 787 or an old A380 for a long haul flight, the A380 is going to be at the bottom of that list.

Reason for an A380 since as we doing an A380 night! but if it was choice I would go with an 757

15 hours ago, tjstreak said:

Edit:  I just ran across another model.  It had a Quantas livery and was by Robert Versluys.  It is freeware, and can be found at https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1785/fsx-qantas-airbus-a380-800/  A big downside is, it has no virtual cockpit.  So you will be forced to kit bash something else in or just use a 2d panel.  I don't know if other liveries are available.  How do you feel about Sydney?

Already got it downloaded, haven't tested it yet

Abacus, AFS-Design, Wilco and Perfect Flight have all produced payware A380s - none are worth buying and indeed the Perfect Flight product is so far removed from perfection that the developer really needs to consider changing their name!

Bill

17 hours ago, anthonyg96 said:

I'll believe it when i see it. Pictures of a mesh don't count as these could be from anywhere.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I just double clicked the link I provided and it went right to the freeware download listing?

You can find it at Fltsim.com, and in the library, do a search on FSX jetliners, and in the next window type either Air Canada Airbus A380 or the file name afs_a380a_x_ac.zip

Edited by RGus
I had American Airlines, SHB Air Canada

On 1/6/2018 at 8:33 PM, RyInTheSky said:

It is an A380 therefore automatically rubbish. 

LOL. Well, perhaps a little unfair.

But it will absolutely automatically be a big ugly fat biffer of an aeroplane with a face that only a mother could love. Funnily enough, I was in my girlfriend's garden early this morning and an Emirates A380 flew over, having just lifted off from runway 05 at Manchester which is just a couple of miles away, and even though I see the things quite often, it still struck me how ugly that thing is, which is ironic because the other big EADS airliner - the A340 - is absolutely beautiful with incredibly graceful lines.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Chock - My exact thoughts! I have both available to fly, and I would also go to the A340, which you are right about being beautiful with graceful lines! I really don't think the A380 is all that enjoyable to fly on the sim. I see YouTube videos where the A380 pilot makes a statement that the A380 is his/her favorite aircraft. Maybe they are paid extra to fly one?

Rick

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chock said:

LOL. Well, perhaps a little unfair.

But it will absolutely automatically be a big ugly fat biffer of an aeroplane with a face that only a mother could love. Funnily enough, I was in my girlfriend's garden early this morning and an Emirates A380 flew over, having just lifted off from runway 05 at Manchester which is just a couple of miles away, and even though I see the things quite often, it still struck me how ugly that thing is, which is ironic because the other big EADS airliner - the A340 - is absolutely beautiful with incredibly graceful lines.

I agree about the A340. Especially the 300. There is just something about that airplane that no matter how often I see her, I can't stop watching. I grew up next to JFK and now live near MIA, I take every chance to watch them when one is in line to depart.