Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

Back.. sort of

[RANT]

After a year back in the FS sadle. My windows 10 messed up my FSX installation after updates, missing fonts and stuff, I decided I was done with that c.r.a.p
No more BS'ing to me MS. I am done with that.
Just imagine, how many megabytes you need to just start your computer and be able to do nothing. THAT was different in the MS DOS days!

Anyhow, I exorcised (spelling?) the devil, and put win-7 back. Disabled updates, no more messing around and installed FSX.

Now, that was a bummer. My i5 cannot hold up flyable frames with this abomination, regretting to give my i7 to my daughter.. but you do everything for your kids.

So, the only thing left was FS2004, with all the bells and whistles... and yes, any weather, aerosoft eham, pmdg 747, FDE, PFE, REX, GE-Pro, and still 20+ frames!

Did some serious flights, and when busy, the outside doesnt matter, because no time to look!. But with good ground textures approach isnt that bad at all.

[/RANT]

So, back in the sadle. Even thinking about online flying, while being a long time ago, I still have my SATCO/VATSIM acccount.

[RANT]
Whats the fuzz about SF3D ? looked at some youtubes, but don't see a difference ?
[/RANT]

Only thing left is weather.. In stead of real weather I used to use in the past, I think about doing it the other way round, ME deciding the weather.
Going to mess with themes, and saved weather.

Good luck to you all, and be prepared for more grumpy me.

• Upvote 2

All I can say is welcome back Johan. Looking forward into 2018 I have many projects/flights in the pipeline for FS9.

I use WIN 7 64bit. I just have to be careful with the updates.... perhaps I should just turn them off.

• Upvote 1

Tanks Ed.

Doing now Amsterdam to New York, and all goes nice, just left Oceanic control (PFE) with pmdg 747. 

18 hours ago, Johan_Dees said:

[RANT]
Whats the fuzz about SF3D ? looked at some youtubes, but don't see a difference ?
[/

You mean P3D?

19 hours ago, meesterlijk said:

You mean P3D?

SF3D that he was referring to stands for SkyForce 3D by REX.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator