Sign in to follow this  
rstough

REX Sky Force - Cloud Model Sync Explanation

6 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

So, if I understand corrctly, you need to use the SF weather engine for the sync to work, I am still confused ? lol

You are still confused. :happy: You can use ANY weather engine for SF to work. Just disable the SF weather engine and use your own one. SF will read the weather (somehow... would really like to know how...) and it will inject/sync models/structures if needed that will use the manually installed textures. 

I have to say I wonder how often models are injected... and if you can actually see that. I am seriously sceptic in how far all this model syncing is actually working or effective... Couldn’t we have all these clouds without the syncing already? Why aren’t all possible models simply loaded or available right away? Isn’t this syncing stuff mainly a reaction in words to ASCA that actually DOES sync textures? But well, my skies do look more varied and fuller so that’s something already, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Just had a look at SF again and I am sorry to say that it seems we have been misinformed. The interface clearly states this:

Sync.jpg

'Texture sync' and "sync 3D cloud models (structures) and textures'. Well, seems this is NOT the case since Reed said "Because of this, the process of having to inject textures during flight is not needed."It's no wonder we were all so confused!

This puts the opening of Reed's post in a different light: "there is A LOT of misinformation being spread about what Sky Force does. I have seen this here, in social media, and here." Well, it can also be seen in Sky Force itself.

It may be an honest mistake of REX but you can't blame this forum or social media for this: the source of the misinformation was Sky Force itself.

In all honesty I do feel a bit ****** about this. Seems I didn't get what I was thinking to get. And I am sure that goes for a lot of us. It's back to picking texture sets again, folks...

BTW Don't get me wrong, Sky Force may indeed be a great addon with a novel system that brings us greater skies than ever before but imho REX really made big mistake here and blaming us for the misinformation isn't er... quite nice.

P.S. This post was edited a few times to make it er... more gentle. :happy: Don't want to get burned again as happened yesterday LOL

Really! J

Reed explain that 

"This is where the 3D Cloud Sync mode comes in.  Separate from any weather engine it reads the weather ahead of the aircraft and then syncs the models.  The models read the sheets to show the appropriate cloud types - hard or soft based on the correct weather."

Its then using the set of 8 and within that 8 using the hard or soft options within the set to sync with the cloud structures as needed So it's syncing the texture (texture sync) to match the structures.

Coming from 2 texture (upper and lower) to complaining about your skies having 16 to sync with the structures needed is beyond belief. Also within the option turn on 10 day then no sky textures are used it users the 10 days. Also if you hate so much only now having 16 textures press the random button its a 2 second job. All a huge step forward from your 2 textures you have been using.

So no you don't need to "manually" pick what to use unless you want to. Dont state you have to do like its a fact because it's not true.

I am now going to be frank with you J

I no longer want to talk about SF with you anymore.

Am done!

• Upvote 7

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@speedyTC

Same feeling here.
And honestly, I don't care that cloud textures are not changing while flying.
I don't spend my time comparing them, I am just enjoying the environment as part of the immersion, and concentrate on flying.

• Upvote 7

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 minute ago, David Roch said:

Same feeling here.
I don't spend my time comparing them, I am just enjoying the environment as part of the immersion, and concentrate on flying.

+1

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

22 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

All that I can say is that by bypassing the bundled WX engine and using a well-known other one, I have never been so immersed in the sim. Keeping on eye on the WXR in the FSL A320 and seeing the weather building outside and then gradually getting more threatening as the clouds change from white to light grey and then a dark, angry grey...wow. Not to mention the CBs that grow and tower above the aircraft. It makes one feel the real power that is hidden in those formations, something that I never really experienced before. And this is with the old timer, FSX.

I'm curious to see what the REX team can do with Weather Force and I wonder if that will be an eye opener as well.

For now, thanks REX. I'm having a ball.

Spot on and well said. The immersion is just fantastic.It took me a while to get my understanding of it, as I get older, it takes me longer lol

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Same feeling here.

yep  agree  i  cant  see  the issue  is  here with sf some users  make  it  more  difficult  than it  is

• Upvote 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

23 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

All that I can say is that by bypassing the bundled WX engine and using a well-known other one, I have never been so immersed in the sim. Keeping on eye on the WXR in the FSL A320 and seeing the weather building outside and then gradually getting more threatening as the clouds change from white to light grey and then a dark, angry grey...wow. Not to mention the CBs that grow and tower above the aircraft. It makes one feel the real power that is hidden in those formations, something that I never really experienced before. And this is with the old timer, FSX.

I'm curious to see what the REX team can do with Weather Force and I wonder if that will be an eye opener as well.

For now, thanks REX. I'm having a ball.

Totally agree.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Honestly, I don‘t understand why all the REX lovers keep posting those „I see great looking clouds, so why don‘t you other fools stop asking questions about SF?“ responses. I‘m a potential customer who has a question regarding the product and it is absolutely legit to ask those questions on a forum. For me, it is not enough to somehow see nice looking skys and clouds as I already have this with AS16 + ASCA. That is not enough for me to spend my hard earned cash on an add-on.  

• Upvote 10

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

If  you  prefer to have  as16  with asca  thats  fine   than  stick  with it  as  many have  done  so,  there  are enough threads  on this  and  at  rex  forum to make  your  own mind up and  now  there  are plenty  of  utubes  up as  well, and   David  has  spent  alot  of  his  time  in reviewing  and  testing  sf

• Upvote 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

That is not enough for me to spend my hard earned cash on an add-on.  

So what do you want us to do, or say that has not been said already ?  I would invite you round to my sim pit, but the air fare alone would cost more than a 3 bedroom house I live 5000km north of the South Pole.

Too complain is one thing, too call me a fool is another, or anyone else for that matter. I have been using ASCA since it was released, how does that make me a "Rex Lover" as you succinctly put it. I purchased SF more as a curiosity, and found I like what I saw out the cockpit window, that's all.

We are flying a simulator, not conducting an orchestra in a brothel.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

If  you  prefer to have  as16  with asca  thats  fine   than  stick  with it  as  many have  done  so,  there  are enough threads  on this  and  at  rex  forum to make  your  own mind up and  now  there  are plenty  of  utubes  up as  well, and   David  has  spent  alot  of  his  time  in reviewing  and  testing  sf

Still. Why is it too much to ask for an explanation how this works? If it offers a value added then I might interested to try it. But I just want a convincing explanation that it really adds something. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

3 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

So what do you want us to do, or say that has not been said already ?  I would invite you round to my sim pit, but the air fare alone would cost more than a 3 bedroom house I live 5000km north of the South Pole.

Too complain is one thing, too call me a fool is another, or anyone else for that matter. I have been using ASCA since it was released, how does that make me a "Rex Lover" as you succinctly put it. I purchased SF more as a curiosity, and found I like what I saw out the cockpit window, that's all.

We are flying a simulator, not conducting an orchestra in a brothel.

I don‘t want you to do anything. Just want Reed to give an explanation. Nothing else. He is the OP of this thread, isn‘t he?

BTW: If you read my text properly, then you can see that I labelled those who are asking questions as the fools. So myself for example. Not you. Read properly before accusing me of anything please 

• Upvote 2

Just now, carlito777 said:

I don‘t want you to do anything. Just want Reed to give an explanation. Nothing else. He is the OP of this thread, isn‘t he?

Well, PM him then. Your "Fool" remark did not sit well with me btw, we are flight simmers like yourself, and I found your remark more than insulting.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Well, PM him then. Your "Fool" remark did not sit well with me btw, we are flight simmers like yourself, and I found your remark more than insulting.

Please read my comment I added to my response above. You didn‘t read my initial Statement properly. Nobody called you a fool.