Sign in to follow this  
rstough

REX Sky Force - Cloud Model Sync Explanation

So... Can i use Skyforce 3D installed on my Sim PC and still ASP4+ASCA on my network pc? Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

So... Can i use Skyforce 3D installed on my Sim PC and still ASP4+ASCA on my network pc? Thanks Michael Moe

I have installed SF on my network pc along with ASP4 and ASCA.But that hasn't answered your question !

I dont think you still need to use ASCA. I have disabled all options (textures, model, etc.). I am very satisfied using sky force and AS16. One thing that really made a difference for me is the performance gain and the ability to use additional cloud layers (specially using the FSL A320)... Love the new cloud models and textures, I am a happy customer.

John.

14 minutes ago, jothanon said:

I have installed SF on my network pc along with ASP4 and ASCA.But that hasn't answered your question !

Almost. I sometimes see ASCA having problems injecting textures due to more than 5 minutes timeout. Guess it would be easier just to inject it from SF3D on main PC? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

5 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Almost. I sometimes see ASCA having problems injecting textures due to more than 5 minutes timeout. Guess it would be easier just to inject it from SF3D on main PC? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Any network connection to the sim is subject to the whims of simconnect Michael so you are better off using your program on the main PC if possible.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Any network connection to the sim is subject to the whims of simconnect Michael so you are better off using your program on the main PC if possible.

Vic

Thanks Vic 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

I use ENVTEX for their sky textures which work with ASCA. I plan on unticking all options in ASCA other than sky textures. And yes if you go into weather options within ASCA and click on the various textures for the sky you will see they are for different latitudes and conditions based on the weather. 

I will use SF3 for clouds and structures and cloud textures. ASCA for dynamic sky textures.

Interesting. So the ENVTEX skies also make use of those different latitudes and conditions? I am thinking about giving ASCA a try for the skies only (for starters) but I keep on reading the ENVTEX skies (used dynamically through ASCA) are even better...

1 minute ago, J van E said:

Interesting. So the ENVTEX skies also make use of those different latitudes and conditions? I am thinking about giving ASCA a try for the skies only (for starters) but I keep on reading the ENVTEX skies (used dynamically through ASCA) are even better...

ENVTEX has a ton of sky textures that ASCA uses.

Eric 

6 minutes ago, B777ER said:

ENVTEX has a ton of sky textures that ASCA uses.

So

ENVTEX =Sky textures 

ASCA =? only for dynamic sky? 

ASP4 =The weather engine

SF3D = Cloud textures 

Correct? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

7 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

So

ENVTEX =Sky textures 

ASP4 =The weather engine

SF3D = Cloud textures 

Correct? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

SF3D = cloud textures and structures

When you buy ENVTEX, read the manual for ASCA integration. You basically load all of the ENVTEX sky textures into ASCA and then you never have to start up ENVTEX again. ASCA will just use them. ENVTEX has an option to use just their sky textures (which if selected will shut off the ASCA default ones for you) or a combination of both. 

So then ASCA for dynamic sky textures, ASP4 for wx engine and SF3D for cloud textures and structures. Make sure you untick everything in the weather config options in ASCA but the sky textures.

EDIT: I would leave the weather theme in ASCA set to Full Dynamics with just sky textures ticked on.

Eric 

I gave'd in and bought SF. Can't wait to test it after I finish my flight in XP :)

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

5 minutes ago, B777ER said:

When you buy ENVTEX, read the manual for ASCA integration. You basically load all of the ENVTEX sky textures into ASCA and then you never have to start up ENVTEX again. ASCA will just use them.

5 minutes ago, B777ER said:

EDIT: I would leave the weather theme in ASCA set to Full Dynamics with just sky textures ticked on.

Thanks for that. I don't really like the skies I am getting in the region I am flying: they don't fit this time of year at all. I will install ASCA just for the skies and maybe get ENVTEX too.

A flight done with Historical weather LEIB time on the block 2:00 - LEMG

105 miles away. Thought Kim Jong-un had pressed him Button!

wow1.jpg

Passing by!

wow.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

So

ENVTEX =Sky textures 

ASP4 =The weather engine

SF3D = Cloud textures 

Correct? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

ENVTEX is just a texture addon. It doesn't do anything. ASCA is what changes your textures in flight. ASCA will even use freeware textures if you add them using the UI.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have been simming since the dawn of flight sim. Noah was my buddy, but he was more into ship simulators...

I consider myself a bit of a geek, forced on me by decades of flight simulators that were years ahead of the available hardware. Always tweaking, sometimes more tweaking than flying.... Now building a home cockpit, which means you guessed it: more tweaking.

While I am not a genius, I don't think I am dim. After reading a lot of info/threads about SF it seems to me that it is basically a texture replacement 'system' and that REX is totally not capable of communicating this fact to the community, thus the headed discussions and disappointments? Yes?

What I still have no answers for is the following:

- Does SF 'inject' clouds that are as real as possible to what I would see out of the window of my real airplane according to the Metar???

- It seems to me that I have to pick the look and feel of the clouds ahead of my flight that are 20/50/1000s of miles away??? How would I do that? How do I know?

- so I pick clouds that I think look pretty?

I might be misunderstanding? Yes?

Anyway, what I would like to see is a 'cloud simulator' that picks the 'perfect' clouds during my flight according to the Metar. I don't want to choose>tweak my clouds beforehand. I don't want to have a choice. Yes, I want 1000s of different cloud structures/looks, but a smart system to inject just the right type.

To much to ask for?

Cheers.

• Upvote 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.