Sign in to follow this  
rstough

REX Sky Force - Cloud Model Sync Explanation

3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Ya, SF wx engine is disabled. Problem is no cumulus or cirrus textures are being sent from SF3 to p3d/texture folder. 

Yep. Glad I am not the only one though who’s having this problem... Wonder why it does work on David’s computer. If anyone else has this problem (and ar aware of it...!), please report! I wonder how many people don’t even know they have problems with SF.

No idea why you having these problems,I wish I did. I installed on a SSD a different one to were P3D is installed. You did not install to your P3D folder did you?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I only just installed SF today and out of the 27 cumulus files in P3D, only 01 and 02 has today's date. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 minute ago, Drumcode said:

I only just installed SF today and out of the 27 cumulus files in P3D, only 01 and 02 has today's date. 

Did you make your own theme and then install? If not try that

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

37 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

No idea why you having these problems,I wish I did. I installed on a SSD a different one to were P3D is installed. You did not install to your P3D folder did you?

Default install that the installer called for. 

Eric 

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Something is wrong here. So far Eric/B777ER confirmed having the same problem. Is anyone having this problem too? All this is happening before firing up ASCA or ENVTEX after the fresh install of SF.

Same issue here as well. I haven't tried a completely new install as of yet, but I don't seem to have the cloud textures either. I literally just installed a theme, and even manually installed the textures prior to the below picture. I do have the hotfix installed, but I honestly couldn't tell you whether this issue was the case prior to the hotfix or not.

I also didn't seem to have the CloudArtFiles.xml that REX is supposed to install. I still the ASCA one, despite the fact that I haven't opened ASCA since I think a day after Sky Force was released. 100% certain I installed the cloud models as they were in the clouds folder, but the CloudArtFiles.xml wasn't correct. No clue why. I did manage to get that installed by using "restore" in Sky Force, and then running it and clicking the install now button for the cloud models. 

I have no idea what's going on. 

EDIT:  I forgot the picture. This is all that gets installed, despite Sky Force saying things are installed.

wUbnx0k.png

• Upvote 1

I attempted to install the sets manually and using a theme. Both ways I get 12 Cirrus files with the current time stamp and only Cumulus01 and 02. Should all 27 sets of cumulus have current time stamp in the texture folder? If so it isn't happening.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, Chaos81 said:

Same issue here as well. I haven't tried a completely new install as of yet, but I don't seem to have the cloud textures either. I literally just tried to install a theme, and even manually installed the textures prior to the below picture. I do have the hotfix installed, but I honestly couldn't tell you whether this was the case prior to that or not.

I also didn't seem to have the CloudArtFiles.xml that REX is supposed to install. I still the ASCA one, despite the fact that I haven't opened ASCA since I think a day after Sky Force was released. 100% certain I installed the cloud models as they were in the clouds folder, but the CloudArtFiles.xml wasn't correct. No clue why. I did manage to get that installed by using "restore" in Sky Force, and then running it and clicking the install now button for the cloud models. 

I have no idea what's going on. 

Ok have to admit that I have not tried running REX TD with SC/ASCA/ENVTEX & ENVSHADE since installing SkyForce on release day. Also have some ASCA files and probably others from REX TD and SC in the Clouds Folder within the SIM.

Could be why I'm not seeing all your issues.

Kind regards

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I attempted to install the sets manually and using a theme. Both ways I get 12 Cirrus files with the current time stamp and only Cumulus01 and 02. Should all 27 sets of cumulus have current time stamp in the texture folder? If so it isn't happening.

That is a correct install. I and John van E can't get it to do what yours did. 

Eric 

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Have you tried loading the scenario with the REX Weather engine on? Just as a test?

18 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I could be completely wrong but is that not programe files?

34 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Have mine installed on a separate SSD, not default, if this helps in any way.

Eric, you have the software, folders and all, excluded from AV/Defender?

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I could be completely wrong but is that not programe files?

Yes. Maybe I will reinstall into its own folder on the hard drive. C:/Rex... 

Eric