Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Realair Duke v2 Piston in P3D v4

10 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

That's for the Turbine Duke.  We're speaking of the piston Duke - which was never officially updated for P3D.  

Anyway I tried installing the dawson 64 bit sound gauge and mine is not working.  I put it in the main P3D v4 gauges folder and it is renamed exactly like the old file.  Any ideas?

I ran into the same problem with the CLS DC-10 HD.  The Turbine Duke method doesn't work for me on that aircraft.

I installed the 64-bit sound gauge, edited the ini files with explicit paths to the .wav files, etc. etc. -- and no go.

My latest theory is that the xml gauges on some aircraft need to be modified also.  Does the piston Duke have xml gauges?   With the DC-10, I have been playing around with the xml gauges, and managed to modify the simplest of them (SEAT BELT gauge - on or off) and have successfully gotten it to activate its click sound.  However,  in doing so I somehow broke the animation part of the gauge....still working on that....

Maybe you're seeing a similar thing with the piston Duke?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I ran into the same problem with the CLS DC-10 HD.  The Turbine Duke method doesn't work for me on that aircraft.

I installed the 64-bit sound gauge, edited the ini files with explicit paths to the .wav files, etc. etc. -- and no go.

My latest theory is that the xml gauges on some aircraft need to be modified also.  Does the piston Duke have xml gauges?   With the DC-10, I have been playing around with the xml gauges, and managed to modify the simplest of them (SEAT BELT gauge - on or off) and have successfully gotten it to activate its click sound.  However,  in doing so I somehow broke the animation part of the gauge....still working on that....

Maybe you're seeing a similar thing with the piston Duke?

The CLS products use an older version of the sound gauge, with a different interface.  You'll be in pretty tough trying to update them to work with the 64 bit sound gauge.

On 3/14/2018 at 4:41 PM, lownslo said:

Did you try dropping Doug's 64bit dll into the Panel folder?

Greg

Yes I've tried dropping it the root P3D gauges folder and the piston Duke's Panel folder.

You guys are using the name  RASDuke_Sound.gau right?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan

Try RASDuke_sound in your gauges folder not RASDuke_Sound.gau. This what worked for me. I do not understand why but dropping the .gau made it work.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Ryan,

Could you post the panel.cfg entry for the gauge?

Also, let me know where the folder of sounds for the panel is (probably within the panel folder.)

Doug

On 3/17/2018 at 6:22 AM, gregmorin said:

Ryan

Try RASDuke_sound in your gauges folder not RASDuke_Sound.gau. This what worked for me. I do not understand why but dropping the .gau made it work.

Greg

I'm guessing you have file extensions hidden?  I renamed it to just that and it didn't work (of course since there was no file name).  But I then renamed to RASDuke_Sound.dll and the dll was the key!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I  have this in the panel.cfg file:

gauge21=RASDuke_Sound64!Sound, 1,1,2,2,./SimObjects/Airplanes/RealAir Duke B60 V2/Panel/Sound/RASDuke_Sound.ini

and  RASDuke_Sound64.dll  in the Gauges folder

Bert

40 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm guessing you have file extensions hidden?  I renamed it to just that and it didn't work (of course since there was no file name).  But I then renamed to RASDuke_Sound.dll and the dll was the key!

Glad you got it working Ryan!

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I  have this in the panel.cfg file:

gauge21=RASDuke_Sound64!Sound, 1,1,2,2,./SimObjects/Airplanes/RealAir Duke B60 V2/Panel/Sound/RASDuke_Sound.ini

and  RASDuke_Sound64.dll  in the Gauges folder

Yes, because the entry in panel.cfg is explicit, you can put the gauge in the main gauges folder.

If your panel.cfg looks like this:

gauge21=RASDuke_Sound64!Sound, 1,1,2,2,Sound/RASDuke_Sound.ini

then the gauge must go in the panel folder.

Also, when searching for gauges, P3D looks in the gauges folder first and then in the aircraft's panel folder.  This behaviour is the opposite of that of FSX.  This can be problematic with gauges using a config file.

Doug

I just renamed Doug's dll to RASDuke_Sound.gau and placed it in the main gauges folder, overwriting the original one. That worked for me; all the cockpit sounds are there. Strange that didn't work for Ryan.

Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

3 hours ago, ddawson said:

Also, when searching for gauges, P3D looks in the gauges folder first and then in the aircraft's panel folder.  This behaviour is the opposite of that of FSX.  This can be problematic with gauges using a config file.

Wait, so to be clear... the sim developer who wants us to use the addon.xml method has configured their sim to look in the gauges folder first, and then the aircraft's panel folder?  Isn't that a bit counter-intuitive to what they are hoping to achieve with their addon.xml method?  I always try to use the addon.xml method... even when it proves to be challenging (which is the case when adding RealAir products to P3D... no fault of RealAir's).  Some folks have given up on (or downright refuse to use) the addon.xml method, and I'm beginning to understand why. :huh:

Greg

This might be something that happened recenty but I can't longer Install the Piston Duke on any Simulator. The Installer tells me I'm not connected to the internet. I sure know I am but it will not go foward from there I'm afraid RealAir might have shutdown the activation servers. I sent an Email to RealAir and is been a while now without response. I hope i'm not left with a Installer that won't ever work again.

Edited by ETNWHVAC

2 hours ago, ETNWHVAC said:

This might be something that happened recenty but I can't longer Install the Piston Duke on any Simulator. The Installer tells me I'm not connected to the internet. I sure know I am but it will not go foward from there I'm afraid RealAir might have shutdown the activation servers. I sent an Email to RealAir and is been a while now without response. I hope i'm not left with a Installer that won't ever work again.

+1 seems like it,s gone wonder if it is forever

Hmm, I've tried several times to install into P3D V4 but fall at the first fence! As soon as I run the installer, the first window comes up saying it cannot make a secure internet connection!!! I can't get further than this. I have no idea what this is about. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776