Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

MadDog update from Facebook

4th Jan

"Hello, time for some info. Unfortunately no release date and no pricing available at this moment.

We want to be clear for what you can expect on initial release and in the near future. FlythemaddogX is the simulation of the McDonnel Douglas MD-82 powered with JT8D-217/A engines, with cockpit configuration EFIS + FMS in the "pink" background variant.
We have no plans to make the rest of the series (-81/-83/-87/-88 or -90) or an analogue version, neither to have the blue background variant or other power plants.
Shared Cockpit won't be present on intial release, we need to add the EFIS + PMS (Canadian Marconi) configuration before. This will be done with SP1 in the next few months upon release. SP1 will be free of charge. Once having that, Shared Cockpit will follow with SP2, also free of charge.

Wx radar is both compatible with Active Sky and REX Advantage, with Active Sky as WX engine a basic acars data link is available via FMS. We are evaluating similar capability with REX Skyforce wx engine.
FlythemaddogX is compatible with GSX (you can find the profile on FSDT GSX forums); FS2Crew (that will be available the same day of our release) and, starting from today's airac 1801 you'll find also the navdata updater from Navigraph.

NDA has been lifted, in the next few days you will see some preview of the product.

Part of the documentation will be available before release to let you evaluate the product (we are not releasing the Operations Manual).

Thanks for the warm response for Trino's recovery, we all hope he gets better soon."

---------------------------------------------

Very sadly the release was delayed because a member of the team who does the the deliveries/paint kit feel ill. His health and wellbeing come before us. So we can wait until he hopefully makes a speedy recovery.

The DNA being lifted is great news as we hopefully will start seeing screenshots and Videos of the MadDog. Really looking forward to this one.

If your a beta tester it would be great to hear from you when it's liftered.

• Upvote 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2Iomo1I.gif

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

SOLD :biggrin:

Thanks Max

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Ditto. Been flying RotateSim for Xplane, but always missed the added complexity in the Leonardo offering. Will purchase this one for sure.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Wow! That's a masterpiece. Will be on the top list of my collection.

I hope AviationLads will make a proper nice looking checklist for this :)

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

The Leo and the PMDG MD11 were my favorite aircraft and have neither in P3Dv4. I will fly this thing to death when its released. Watched their youtube videos on it. Looks amazing and the systems are the same as the original. It will be like riding a bike jumping in that. The rest of my fleet will collect dust for a while.

• Upvote 1

Richie Walsh

I have being on a couple of flights including bad weather from Copenhagen to Frankfurt as an privat observer and have the originale printed SAS operation manual. 

Guess this one is a instant buy.

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Looks fantastic! Cannot wait for this one. Looking forward to some old school flying to complement the ultra modern FSL A320.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Their announcement said it won't be before the first half of January. So there are at least a couple of weeks till the release I suppose

Been doing a lot of work with my MD2008 trying to get proficient for when the new one comes forth. Have to say I'm a little disappointed there's still no release date as I have been holding my breath and checking constantly since December but it is what it is. Pertaining to the FS2Crew I don't have the one for Maddog as I just can't get into the voice concept though I have all the Crews available with button control. What I'm discovering on the MD is I am getting a better concept of procedures doing everything my self rather than lazily relying on virtual FO. Like I do in my PMDG birds. I think this is giving me a better knowledge of the aircraft. In my opinion the Queen of the skies is the Maddog.

Vic green

I am super excited for this release.

However, I am disappointed thst they won't be doing any of the other cockpit options like full analog or the blue cockpit variants. It's those options thst really make you feel like you are stepping back into time. It was so cool to be able to change from analog back to EFIS in the older version.

Besides, it's what I feel is expected these days when going all out on an airliner.

Nevertheless, I'll be buying day one!!!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Leonardo's Maddog was my favorite FS aircraft for many years. I'm really looking forward to stepping back into the left seat of her. More modern flight decks are too ergonomic. In the style of Jeremy Clarkson  'I want my landing light switch on the end of a celery stalk above my head!'.

Paul Edwards

Looks pretty neat!

you tubeliner pilots are being spoiled!  We mere GA guys need our fix!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |