Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

MadDog update from Facebook

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Looks pretty neat!

you tubeliner pilots are being spoiled!  We mere GA guys need our fix!

I am getting bored of airliners, a Eaglesoft quality GA capable of transatlantic flight is my dream to have in p3dv4 this year

The MD-80 looks great, but by the time it comes out there are going to be only a handful still flying

I believe Delta still flies them

i too would love to see ES's C750, and the challenger and xls.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

I am getting bored of airliners, a Eaglesoft quality GA capable of transatlantic flight is my dream to have in p3dv4 this year

The MD-80 looks great, but by the time it comes out there are going to be only a handful still flying

Airlines not flying an aircraft has never stopped me from enjoying it.  I anxiously waiting for this Maddog.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Looks pretty neat!

you tubeliner pilots are being spoiled!  We mere GA guys need our fix!

I hear ya!  And even though I'm a noob GA pilot, I wish for some more complex GA!

I really wish Eaglesoft would step up the V4 schedule and get the X and XLS in the sim I fly in.

I suspect they will be awesome and an instant buy from me. The model previews are breathtaking! I love my little CJ2, but I want the speed demon and that XLS just looks sweet too.

I'll be getting this MD too....its looking like the plane to buy next.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

In North America...

American Airlines operates MD-82s and MD-83s though all will be gone by 2019.

Delta flies newer MDs..MD-88s and MD-90s, though I'll be certainly using this as a stand-in for the newer aircraft.

Allegiant flies MD-83s and MD-88s but they're on their way out this year.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Airlines not flying an aircraft has never stopped me from enjoying it.  I anxiously waiting for this Maddog.

Do not think I made a comment about if you like flying an airplane type or not.

3 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Do not think I made a comment about if you like flying an airplane type or not.

I think he’s referencing when you said you’re bored of airliners, and took it to mean that you won’t be getting it due to you not finding airliners exciting to fly.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Sorry I misunderstood.  I took this statement to mean that you find it discouraging that only a handful would be flying.  I meant that I don't find that discouraging at all. Some of the aircraft that are being phased out are the most fun to fly in the sim.

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I believe Delta still flies them

i too would love to see ES's C750, and the challenger and xls.  

When is Eaglesoft supposed to start releasing some of their aircraft for P3Dv4?  I  used to buy almost everything that they released, but I don't fly 32bit sims anymore.

5 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Sorry I misunderstood.  I took this statement to mean that you find it discouraging that only a handful would be flying.  I meant that I don't find that discouraging at all. Some of the aircraft that are being phased out are the most fun to fly in the sim.

I find myself getting bored of just flying an airplane by itself. My full attention and never boring plan in flight sim is to pick an airline and a real flight and fly it in real time. I listen in to liveatc.net if I can for the flight getting direction from the real atc, I get the flight plan from flightaware, and fly along. I even tune the squawk code they use. That is the reason I like only airplanes that are flying in large numbers in the real world. I do not have the money I used to dedicate to flight sim so I am picky about buying an airplane I can fly all over the world. The MD-80 does not give me enough variety of routes that still fly in the real world. Too bad it seems like a fun aircraft to learn I have seen many streamers fly it like musicalaviator. Maybe next year I can find it on sale!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, signmanbob said:

When is Eaglesoft supposed to start releasing some of their aircraft for P3Dv4?  I  used to buy almost everything that they released, but I don't fly 32bit sims anymore.

They posted on Facebook and I understand that they are going to release a line of jets they've been finishing up for fsx and p3d but not p3dv4 first. so maybe the summer if everything goes right I do not know unfortunately.

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

I find myself getting bored of just flying an airplane by itself. My full attention and never boring plan in flight sim is to pick an airline and a real flight and fly it in real time. I listen in to liveatc.net if I can for the flight getting direction from the real atc, I get the flight plan from flightaware, and fly along. I even tune the squawk code they use. That is the reason I like only airplanes that are flying in large numbers in the real world. I do not have the money I used to dedicate to flight sim so I am picky about buying an airplane I can fly all over the world. The MD-80 does not give me enough variety of routes that still fly in the real world. Too bad it seems like a fun aircraft to learn I have seen many streamers fly it like musicalaviator. Maybe next year I can find it on sale!

Whew! Now that's what I call immersion!

• Upvote 1

Vic green

22 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I am super excited for this release.

However, I am disappointed thst they won't be doing any of the other cockpit options like full analog or the blue cockpit variants. It's those options thst really make you feel like you are stepping back into time. It was so cool to be able to change from analog back to EFIS in the older version.

Besides, it's what I feel is expected these days when going all out on an airliner.

Nevertheless, I'll be buying day one!!!

Agreed 100%...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

6 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

That is some serious coordination!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Whew! Now that's what I call immersion!

10 hours ago, signmanbob said:

That is some serious coordination!

If vatsim had more coverage, or the default atc was good, or pilot edge had more coverage and didn't cost as much, I'd probably be fine flying any type of airplane anywhere. But I usually find myself bored after a couple months unless I can follow along in real time as I described because my flight sim world is empty except for my airplane.

• Upvote 2