Sign in to follow this  
ALF1

FSX Applying Differential Brakes De Facto

Probably wrong forum but I certainly hope someone can help me. My problem is exactly what the title reads. It happens on any airplane I load. I have tried calibrating all controllers and nothing. I deleted the FSUIPC modules from the FSX modules folder and nothing. I have tried running FSX disconnecting all controllers from their USB ports and NOTHING !!

What is going on ? On startup any airplane shows differential brakes on the lower left corner of the screen.

Any aircraft, including the default Cessna?

Have you tried loading up the sim, but going into the setting tab from the main screen - the one with the adverts on, before you even get to free flight? One in setting, have a look in controls, then simulator events and have a look for brake left & brake right - these usually default to the numpad multiply and minus keys. Have you tried deleting the key assignments there?

Sorry if it sounds basic, but you seem to have tried all kinds of other ideas! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Problem found in Saitek rudder pedals hardware. The right potentiometer is bad I disabled the control axis and I can steer and rudder but no brakes with the pedals. Have to assign another key for the brakes bummer. I will fix this.

23 minutes ago, ALF1 said:

Problem found in Saitek rudder pedals hardware. The right potentiometer is bad I disabled the control axis and I can steer and rudder but no brakes with the pedals. Have to assign another key for the brakes bummer. I will fix this.

Glad you found the problem!

14 hours ago, ALF1 said:

Problem found in Saitek rudder pedals hardware. ....

Aha! Glad you resolved it, but in your original post I thought you said you'd unplugged ALL the controllers, else I would have suggested looking at toe brakes.. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

4 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Aha! Glad you resolved it, but in your original post I thought you said you'd unplugged ALL the controllers, else I would have suggested looking at toe brakes.. :cool:

I did, but I was dumb enough not to restart FSX so that the disablements would take place. Even if you unplug the controller and continue to run FSX the fault remains until you restart FSX or the computer cannot remember which.

There is a simple test to do this though. Try to calibrate the pedals from within FSX. I noticed that the right pedal brake was already at 50% or right at the middle of the calibration box with the pedal fully released. The airplane veered right after applying power. So that is the bad potentiometer.

• Upvote 1