Sign in to follow this  
vitojethro

So slow sometimes (specifically SIDS at RIGA)

Sometimes, everything works great and efficiently. Sometimes it takes ages and ages (or possibly not at all as I give up after several minutes) to connect to X-Plane, and also to either Validate or Auto Plan. I'm sure it can be made quicker somehow? For example it has been stuck on this screen a long time if I try either Validate, File, or Auto Plan. I have tried restarting Pilot2ATC as well as X-Plane. I have also tried entering some intermediate waypoints (as shown in the screen shot below) hoping maybe it would reduce the pathing in Pilot2ATC. My PC is quite powerful, with SSD and HDD, and nothing much else happening. Other flights work efficiently, perhaps if the area is very busy it becomes slow?

http://prntscr.com/hwx0yn

As a comparison, Little Navmap works suggests routes very quickly (using the same Airac 1801).

Also, when I click 'New' after waiting several minutes, the screen clears, but the spinning progress bar remains a while. For the user, this is confusing / disconcerting. It does go away after a while, so it must have been doing something, although there was no CPU activity.

I send these in a positive spirit :biggrin: I look forward to all improvements as they come.

EDIT: The workaround is to click Waypoint, then Cancel, and the spinning progress goes away.

I think the issue is to do with loading SIDS at EVRA specifically, (when clicking the SID button):

• With route set from EVRA to PAJN, SIDS are broken, STARS load OK.
  • With route set from PAJN to EVRA, STARS load OK, SIDS load OK.

So there are several SIDS at RIGA, but not too many to handle? http://prntscr.com/hwxlx6

It cannot be the number of SIDS/STARS, because KJFK to KATL and KATL to KJFK both load in a few seconds, and there is a silly number of SIDS and STARS at KATL! So must be RIGA specifically with something unusual.