Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

P3DV4 startup flight issue

I have a startup issue with P3Dv4 which I installed recently.

When I finish a flight and plan the next flight, I  mark it as a favourite and default  then save it to a file I catalogued in my documents folder. I have checked and all my saved flights are in this folder. However, when I start Prep3D4 again I get a message saying that the flight cannot be found and the default P3D4 flight is loaded and started (some sort of military jet powered on and at the end of a runway). However, I can then select and load the saved flight I wanted. I checked the P3d CFG file where I thought the flights folder might  be mentioned but no such luck, however the default flight is mentioned.

Can anyone offer a way that I can get P3D4 to look into the correct folder containing my  desired flight (scenarios). It driving me bananas being so close and yet so far.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

The default flight is saved at C:\Users\YOUR_ID\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4  ,

saved flights are saved at C:\Users\YOUR_ID\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

Jorge

Does this mean that every time I start P3DV4 then The original Lockheed startup file must be used. Strange when there is a filed in Prep3D to tag any flight as the default flight. I am confused.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

You can open up your Prepar3D.cfg file and edit it here:
SITUATION=C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\your flight file

no - if you save a flight as default it should load automatically. The files are saved in the folders shown above.  AFter saving a default flight, exit P3D and look at the p3d.cfg file - under [USER INTERFACE] you should have an entry similar to SITUATION=C:\Users\Vic\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\Bonanza at KBUR

that should show your correct path to your default.

Are you saving it to the default folder or have you created your own?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

8 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

or have you created your own?

That's my impression.

It must have heard me coming, after making this post I kicked off P3D and this time it came up with a different page which asked me to choose the scenario to fly, with my last saved scenario listed. I just chose that scenario and was off to the races I didn't knowingly do anything different than before. It all very odd but now I am on the right side of the tracks so to speak. Everything is in the folder suggested above. So I'm hoping that the current start up screen will stay. I'm off to the races to try again. Oh, the joys of the learning experience all over again.:laugh:

John