Q1) My choices for HOTAS under about £150, any thoughts on these?
£40 Games Power JS285 Flight Control System
£90 Thrustmaster T.160000M FCS HOTAS
£120 Logitech X52 H.O.T.A.S.
£150 Logitech X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S.

Q2) What is your own favourite stick and throttle?

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

I notice you've listed a couple of sub £100 sticks, so, how about (typical link):-

https://www.shop.bt.com/products/thrustmaster-t-flight-hotas-x-joystick-ps3-and-pc-4160543-59K6.html?utm_content=RR00&gclid=Cj0KCQiAp8fSBRCUARIsABPL6JZplyhhpPhAxPyqhFTBbBhZVswotZsFLkiqyN18sTNtWWAfibMoYaYaAu6lEALw_wcB

I have the T_Flight HOTAS X and it's great IMO for the money. I paid £30 from GAME IIRC. Comfortable, easy to use. I run FSX:SE. For rudder control there's a proportional rocker switch on the front of the throttle, or you can use the twist stick function. The throttle can separate from the stick (I need to get some mounting plates set up on my chair :happy:) . The stick has adjustable spring tension (mine's backed off to minimum). 12 programmable buttons (Mine are:- Brake, view change, up trim, down trim, flap extend, flap retract, reverse thrust, gear up/down, anti-skid braking (ideal when you haven't got pedals with toe brakes!), spoilers deploy/retract, fuel pumps on/off.

One minor niggle is that there's a detent at the mid-throttle position.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I have the Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS, which replaced a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and I am mostly happy with the set up.  I find the throttle rails a little stiff, but perhaps I just need to loosen the tension a little bit more.

The stick is excellent and I do like having all the assignable buttons and hats on both the stick & throttle.

Stephen Forsgren