Sign in to follow this  
vhrob

Tracking Airframe Hours

Is there anywhere in the PMDG models where I can see how many hours a particular airframe has flown?

Rob Stevenson

If you have service based failures enabled then there are files that log flight time. Under the root FSX/P3D location navigate to:

PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Aircraft

There you will find files with a .hours extension for each aircraft registration you have flown. Open those with a text editor. The first number on each line is the total flight time (in seconds). If and when you perform any maintenance, some or all of these timers will reset to zero.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Rob,

We do not display this information anywhere- as it isn't something a crewmember would normally be concerned with at an airline operator.

I think it will be interesting for users to see this information, however.  Give me some time to figure out a place to display this information and make it available to you.  Probably someplace in the ACARS system, which I am working with currently.

I'll roll it into a future update once I have the concept fleshed out a bit.

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I run the FO's elapsed time clock. Works good. Even if you go cold and dark it retains the ET. You need to use the same continuous panel state though for this to work.

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

5 minutes ago, DLWbluues said:

I run the FO's elapsed time clock. Works good. Even if you go cold and dark it retains the ET. You need to use the same continuous panel state though for this to work.

Hopefully it doesn't have some sort of "millennium bug" :P

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Rob,

We do not display this information anywhere- as it isn't something a crewmember would normally be concerned with at an airline operator.

I think it will be interesting for users to see this information, however.  Give me some time to figure out a place to display this information and make it available to you.  Probably someplace in the ACARS system, which I am working with currently.

I'll roll it into a future update once I have the concept fleshed out a bit.

Thanks for the reply.

• Upvote 1