Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

PMDG NGX alternative panel lightning mod

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find this mod? I think it was on AVSIM some years ago, but I cant seem to locate it again.

Currently, I am not satisfied with the current lightning. When comparing with real life lightning, the PMDG NGX is to white/bright.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

1 hour ago, Fi5kuS said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find this mod? I think it was on AVSIM some years ago, but I cant seem to locate it again.

Currently, I am not satisfied with the current lightning. When comparing with real life lightning, the PMDG NGX is to white/bright.

Can you post some pictures side by side, example:

Current PMDG cabin lighting vs real 737-800 Lighting?

Regards 

Simbol 

3 hours ago, simbol said:

Can you post some pictures side by side, example:

Current PMDG cabin lighting vs real 737-800 Lighting?

Regards 

Simbol 

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Do you have the dome light enabled on the first picture?

Looks like the 737 on the second is only using flood lights on the panels.

I am only asking to be sure, I might develop the mod if this is not the case.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

On 7.1.2018 at 4:47 PM, simbol said:

Do you have the dome light enabled on the first picture?

Looks like the 737 on the second is only using flood lights on the panels.

I am only asking to be sure, I might develop the mod if this is not the case.

Simbol 

Hi again,

the pictures are not mine, but I can see that dome lightning is not enabled there. This recently came to mind because I sat in the cockpit of Norwegian through an entire flight and noticed how different the lightning were compared to the sim.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

3 hours ago, Fi5kuS said:

Hi again,

the pictures are not mine, but I can see that dome lightning is not enabled there. This recently came to mind because I sat in the cockpit of Norwegian through an entire flight and noticed how different the lightning were compared to the sim.

Ok can you take pics on your system and post them? it would be nice to se how do you see your PMDG panel as you are the one requesting a change :)

Best Regards,
Simbol

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Ok can you take pics on your system and post them? it would be nice to se how do you see your PMDG panel as you are the one requesting a change :)

Best Regards,
Simbol

I can guarantee you, they look exactly the same.

Surely, you must be able to spot the difference?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

49 minutes ago, Fi5kuS said:

I can guarantee you, they look exactly the same.

Surely, you must be able to spot the difference?

Lighting is very susceptible for each individual user needs and perception, also different hardware/ software configurations will have an effect as there are many factors that can affect the user lighting perception:

• Resolution.
  • Screen model, size and settings.
  • P3D settings (HDR is just an example).
  • Software Add-on's that modify shaders (PTA, EVENTDIR, EVENTSHADE, etc).
  • Software Add-on's that modify DirectX particles redrawing (Reshade is an example)
  • Etc.

No harm done by loading your system, enable the dome lights, take the pic, then disable the dome lights and turn-on the default PMDG flood lights and take another pic so we can compare it against real world 737 lighting to see how far from RW it varies.

As you must appreciate any developer would not engage in developing any lighting add-on or MODs if the different it can make is not "significant" as otherwise the project is just not viable.

Best Regards,
Simbol

And it's not just the 6 items Symbol listed in his post above either.  It's what "you" see on "your" monitor when you are REALLY sitting in front of your monitor "at home".  Not when you are looking at someone else's posted picture on a forum.

Confused by that?  Think this:

1.  I have a monitor I use on my computer.  It is CALIBRATED the way IT IS...either using manufacturer presets (I may never have changed) or by me manually changing the brightness, contrast, gamma, etc settings.

2.  I might also use something like PTA to also get the "look" I want using my monitor.

3.  I take a screencap and post a PICTURE from my monitor on a forum.

4.  Odds are, what YOU see will NOT be the same as I see it when you look at my picture in the forum post.  You are seeing a picture from my monitor that is being displayed on YOUR monitor, which will most likely be using different brightness, contrast, gamma, etc settings (or heaven forbid, even a different PTA type of setting outside of any particular flightsim).

I have to laugh whenever I see picture posts in forums about things like PTA presets from a user saying "This is the perfect PTA setting!!!".  Then another forum member looking at the posted picture and seeing it on THEIR monitor display says, "No it isn't!!!  It's too (dark, light, bright, blue, green, red, bloomed, yada, yasa, yada).

The ONLY way you can compare "pictures displayed on different monitors" is to have BOTH monitors side-by-side in REAL TIME.  Not by looking at "picture posts" in forums. Hell, I've been using 3-wide monitor setups for over 10 years.  Even after purchasing 3 of the SAME monitor models, when I first set them up side-by-side, even the manufacturer's settings won't produce the same displays without having to adjust the settings on each monitor a lot of times.

That's another reason there is no such thing as a developer being able to make a "one size fits all" lighting addon (as Symbol implied).  Any developer who said that's what they made and it would produce the same "display" for everybody would be lying through their teeth.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Rick Ryan