Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3Dv4 - AI ERJ’s ?

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the responses...

Yeah - I might take that conversion procedure and see just how much work it actually takes... I do love ERJ's...

I've noticed it's a bit of a task tracking down the actual models that work - sometimes having to read through long threads on the AIG forum... Sometimes the links are dead and don't work...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I’m sure someone has done them, but yes according to the AIG forums no one can track down the original author...really too bad

...and this is what annoys me about the freeware community. Why on Earth can't they just release the converted models with a credit for the original author? I mean, why are people even releasing stuff as freeware if they are then going to suddenly come out of hibernation years later, and start protesting that nobody asked them for permission?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Raven AI are updating their models even though the old ones work.  Raven AI is also doing a new CRJ200 that is almost done.  I think that takes care of all the ERJs and CRJs in P3D v4 except the EMB 135, 145.  

I agree Chris it does suck that people produce stuff and then walk away.  Should be a rule if you produce something and then walk away from the community said item should be able to be manipulated and used by the community.  Like maybe a 5 year moratorium on all freeware items.  

But i also think its important to respect those devs who produce items for free.  We certainly don't want people to steal their work and call it their own much like SKAI and some of those other pirate AI package groups do.  The pirates sometimes sell the freeware as payware.  But i also thinks its reputation.  If someone produces a good piece of freeware and then someone changes said freeware aircraft which then has a major error or issue, the original author will not only get pinged for support but also the community will be like blank aircraft is a piece of junk.  While yes the person who changed it should have to deal with support or bad rep, we all know that doesn't happen.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

4 hours ago, b757 said:

There is not a model that works in v4 that has been released yet. 

The fsx model works fine in v4.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

I've noticed it's a bit of a task tracking down the actual models that work - sometimes having to read through long threads on the AIG forum...

This. A major PITB to find models. I can't even imagine what kind of a nightmare it is for the newcomers to the hobby. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

It is. This is a nice status list of what is currently working in v4, which is great. The links however are not for the models but rather the files which need to be replaced in the FS9/FSX models. Just because you and I know what we're doing, for the newcomer or a person which isn't internet/computer savvy it is indeed a nightmare. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

There are far too many red "X" symbols in that list for me to even think about upgrading to P3D v4 at the moment.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there a user guide on how to remove a model from UT Live and how to replace it with another?  I just got UT Live and noticed at KIAD that the United Embraer planes look awful.  How would I delete that model and replace?

Also, is there a way to actually see the actual models of all the planes used in UT Live so I can see which ones I'd want to replace?  I feel like the UT Live program has a  nice space available on the aircraft configuration screen to show the actual model.  

Thanks

Bill

3 minutes ago, BillStewart said:

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there a user guide on how to remove a model from UT Live and how to replace it with another?  I just got UT Live and noticed at KIAD that the United Embraer planes look awful.  How would I delete that model and replace?

Also, is there a way to actually see the actual models of all the planes used in UT Live so I can see which ones I'd want to replace?  I feel like the UT Live program has a  nice space available on the aircraft configuration screen to show the actual model.  

Thanks

Bill

There is a really nice walk through manual written by one of the UTL users, you can get it here: www.liljendal.dk/portals/1/files/tmp2017/Installing%20AI%20for%20UTLive.pdf

Jacek G.

Hi, thanks!  I just found it a few minutes ago.

still, it would be nice if there was a way to tab through all the models that are in the stock Ultimate Traffic Live program to see which ones I'd like to find a better replacement for.  

Is there a 3rd party program that would would allow that?

Unfortunately there’s no “Easy” button to what you’re looking for. If your AI aircraft labels are are turned on, write down the model you don’t like and get it replaced. It took me weeks or even months to get my AI to where I like it. 

Jacek G.

22 minutes ago, BillStewart said:

Hi, thanks!  I just found it a few minutes ago.

still, it would be nice if there was a way to tab through all the models that are in the stock Ultimate Traffic Live program to see which ones I'd like to find a better replacement for.  

Is there a 3rd party program that would would allow that?

Hi Bill,

if you grab Arno’s ModelConvereterX - associate the “*.mdl” file extension to it - then go to the directory where you installed UTL - all the UTL aircraft are stored there - you can peruse all the aircraft by opening each respective  model file in MCX to inspect it in 3D...

MCX: https://www.scenerydesign.org/development-releases/

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

There are far too many red "X" symbols in that list for me to even think about upgrading to P3D v4 at the moment.

Almost every commercial airline model is covered.  Like i said in my previous post every commercial model works in P3D v4 except the ERJ 135, 145 and CRJ 200 which is already being done by RAVEN AI.  So you will have full traffic.  

The only FS9 models I have remaining are all Military models and even they are being worked at the moment by MAIW.  

And if you are savvy enough like myself and AIG guys you can download the Orbx FTX AI AU package.  This package has every GA model usable in P3D v4 so its just copy and paste.  I think most of us at AIG are just waiting for a good GA flightplan to take advantage of those models for NA and Europe etc.  It also has some models we were all missing like the BAE 146 and Avro models for P3D v4.

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png