Sign in to follow this  
knutt

Better nightsky

53 minutes ago, knutt said:

Love p3dv4, but one thing thats annoying is the big stars. When I look up, it looks so unrealistic.  Is there any good texture replacements that you know of, to make them smaller and much denser? 

Try Autostar, a freeware program that gives you a lot of control over how stars are depicted. Search in the AVSIM library for autostarx.zip. And it does work in P3D. 

• Upvote 2

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

+1 for Autostar.

If you run it regularly, you will even have the major planets in the correct positions.

• Upvote 1

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

6 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

Try Autostar, a freeware program that gives you a lot of control over how stars are depicted. Search in the AVSIM library for autostarx.zip. And it does work in P3D. 

Will look it up! :) Thanks!

14 hours ago, knutt said:

Love p3dv4, but one thing thats annoying is the big stars. When I look up, it looks so unrealistic.  Is there any good texture replacements that you know of, to make them smaller and much denser? 

I looked at this one: Chris Bell Creative Design Studios - Stargazer Project. Anyone with experience with this product? 

I asked Chris about this. It looks amazing but it is part of Night Environment regions. 

5 hours ago, JasonW said:

I asked Chris about this. It looks amazing but it is part of Night Environment regions. 

Aaah so you have to get ground lightning aswell?