Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

CYVR 071924Z and SkyForce3D performance

Hi,

I installed Skyforce3D ,

Anyone care to bench there GPU with the above METAR from 1924Z ?

I am using ASP4 and SF but i get smashed on my GPU´s (970 SLI)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I too am getting murdered by it. Flying over eastern Canada on my way down to JFK. It was a slide show. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I got it last night flying into New Foundland Canada. Was getting 9 fps. I have turned off HDR in the sim and all HDR options in SF to see if it happens again. 

What weather engine are you guys using?

With AS+SF I've found a new level of cloud draw I can use that I've not seen before.

From a Flight KSFO-KSNA FL 380 Cloud draw set to 200 nm 

soft-1.jpg

Today ove france it was overcast, my FPS locked within P3D to 25 I tired Cloud draw at max 250 nm and still even with me running AA SSAAx4 still did not drop below 25.

I only have a 1070. PTA Matts with custom tweaks.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

What weather engine are you guys using?

With AS+SF I've found a new level of cloud draw I can use that I've not seen before.

From a Flight KSFO-KSNA FL 380 Cloud draw set to 200 nm 

soft-1.jpg

Today ove france it was overcast, my FPS locked within P3D to 25 I tired Cloud draw at max 250 nm and still even with me running AA SSAAx4 still did not drop below 25.

I only have a 1070. PTA Matts with custom tweaks.

Hi David. ASP4 in use here with 3 cloud layers. 

Using Chaseplane world camera and nvidia inspektor monitor the GPU usage. 

Using a Xbox 360 controller to slew around. Thats actually a need feature. much better and faster and less problem than the internal slew mode. 

I also doesnt see that much differents in 200nm vs 110nm cloud distance but Vancouver tonight is a killer. 

PS. Going through OVC is a killer. Not so much above it. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I'm using AS as well. This happened around dusk. During the day I seem to have zero issues and my fps is great. Only happened once so far. 

4 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

I'm using AS as well. This happened around dusk. During the day I seem to have zero issues and my fps is great. Only happened once so far. 

Apreciate if you would test the above METAR with CYVR and slewing beneeth in and above the weather 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Try AA= MSAA

FPS hit will be at its worse when within the clouds. AA is normally the problem.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

16 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Try AA= MSAA

I am allready at 2XMSAA :cool:

Sitting at gate 54 in VC of the FSLA320(2.19Beta) i have around 50-70% GPU usage but slewing up and a 360degrees is killing the GPU's

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Sorry Michael I have no other thoughts to help you :blush:

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Sorry Michael I have no other thoughts to help you :blush:

Thats fine David. What theme numbers for Cloud s and cirrus and 3D  Models are you using? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

Thats fine David. What theme numbers for Cloud s and cirrus and 3D  Models are you using? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

AS = 5 layers

Cloud draw 250 nm

ASCA + ENVTEX for skies only

SF

rex-set.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

AS = 5 layers

Cloud draw 250 nm

ASCA + ENVTEX for skies only

SF

rex-set.jpg

Thanks will try those. 

There are three 3D Model concepts  to choose also 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

8 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks will try those. 

There are three 3D Model concepts  to choose also 

Thanks Michael Moe 

1509.jpg