Sign in to follow this  

ASCA - ENVTEX - SkyForce comparison

Hi J

Not sure if this will help but if you could give me the location for your screenshots as well as the date for the weather, I could have a look.

Kind regards

Jeroen,

How about taking pics of plain-jane P3D clouds (without ASCA, ENVTEX, and SF)?  That would be a good indicator if SF was installed or not in your earlier screenshots.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Jeroen,

How about taking pics of plain-jane P3D clouds (without ASCA, ENVTEX, and SF)?  That would be a good indicator if SF was installed or not in your earlier screenshots.

And also how default clouds compare to payware products.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

When all is said and done, for THE developer, to not at least render some sort of aid/assistance/support, that is the part I hope most see.  

Correct that is this is not the rex support forum, but why say anything then? At least be a little helpful to show the world that rex customers are valued at least a little. 

An opportunity for excellent customer care/service was totally wasted.

• Upvote 2

Since I can't edit the OP anymore I have no choice than to post these shots here. I uninstalled and reinstalled SkyForce and this are the results. They DO look better than the previous SF shots. Unfortunately I can't make comparison screenshots with default anymore because it turns out that SF installs ALL its textures into the sim when you install it, so even before you tell the addon what you want to install or not. I have no clue if those files are SF sets already of some sort of edited default files...

I do know more by now though of how these things work and I've made backups of my texture and cloud folders before I reinstalled SF so they are almost default (at least as far as cloud models are concerned) so I might make some new screenshots of ASCA and ENVTEX too to see if it makes a difference when ALL SF files are gone.

1S.jpg

2S.jpg

3S.jpg

4S.jpg

15 hours ago, pracines said:

Still, nice looking but nothing new.  

More pleasing to the eye though than the other addons. Well, at least pictures 2 and 3. For what that's worth, of course. 

Hi Folks,

Concur with 2 and 3 - LOL - 1 not so much...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

As much as I hate to say it, SF is a pretty big let down IMO. While the textures may be somewhat improved, I don’t really see anything “revolutionary” about the software. I have been a huge REX fan since the beginning and when I saw this being developed, I thought this would be a game changer. You would think after rebuilding the weather engine from the ground up, they would figure out how to get rid of spinning 2D textures, but that apparently is still a thing. I think it is partly due to the limiting factors inside P3D itself. I bet if they were able to build this for XP11 that it would be a lot better. Hopefully soon, they will iron out all the bugs and prove that this is the software to beat. For now, I will use the textures but AS for the engine.  Good comparison of the three. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

I have used ASCA for some time add decided (with quite some scepticism) to try SF. I must say I thing SF is beating ASCA by a fair margin. I do use ASCA along with SF, but SF cloud models (and what else it does) is beyond ASCA.

Variety, cloud structure and size just looks better with SF.

Just my opinion, though.