Sign in to follow this  
cptCaptain

What is the most beautiful area in Xplane 11?

Guest Mik75

The alps, with orthophoto scenery, are a fascinating place to fly over! 

I'd say California using orthos and overlays and Alaska with HD Mesh v4. However, the sim can manage to be scenic anywhere :)

If you wait long enough, we'll probably cover the entire globe with our answers :biggrin::happy:

Seriously, it's highly subjective and everybody has it's own preferences, although most simmers seem  to fly somewhere in North America or Europe.

I prefer the western US (with Alaska) and western Canada and I fly over HD Mesh v3/v4 since I recently stopped using orthos.

KALW to KMYL VFR over Seven Devils in Idaho using my Ortho4XP ZL17 scenery was the best flight I ever had so far. 

But I still have at least 90% of US to be explored. 

Agree US and Canadian west coast looks nice in general based on my Ortho4XP secenery.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Add-on cityscapes and airports like Drzewiecki Design  NYC or Paulo Ricardo São Paulo are simply amazing!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Pacific Northwest, New Zealand, New Guinea... basically anywhere with scenic mountains and far away from the cities. Mountains near coastline are a plus, which is probably why I spend more time flying in the PNW than anywhere else. Plenty of great coastal scenery with mountains there. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Pretty much anywhere available orthos are of good quality. I have all of the Western USA, Florida, some of the Atlantic Coast, parts of Canada and a good portion of Europe and all of New Zealand. The quality of the available orthos vary by country and region, but there is more than enough of the world to explore. Overall I enjoy the western states and southwestern BC (where I live) the most. I also love flying in the UK with the fantastic GB Pro (available on the .org) over ortho scenery. I use a custom config with W2XP to generate better overlays as well.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Lisbon!

Even Madona loves it... and she doesn't even use XP11 yet - she told me she still keeps XP9...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I fly mostly in PNW, South America, Europe and Oceania. That is perhaps almost 50% of the globe? That is why I need  my 5Tb HDD :)

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus