Sign in to follow this  
Alexandre6463

Looking for a new plane

Hi,

I'm looking for a new "small" commercial aircraft. My choices are Aerosoft CRJ 700/900, Majestic Q400 or maybe the new captain sim 757captain III, or any other suggestion. ( I really don't like the Q400 FMC programming though).

FYI : I already own PMDG products 

Thank you for you suggestion or comments about those products !!!

• Upvote 1

Maybe the upcoming PMDG Jetstream?

I have no idea when it's to be released, but it is small and commercial.

It does not have an FMC (or it does) as there's some question about what will be in the release. I'm sure someone will chime in if I have it wrong.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

9 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Maybe the upcoming PMDG Jetstream?

I have no idea when it's to be released, but it is small and commercial.

It does not have an FMC (or it does) as there's some question about what will be in the release. I'm sure someone will chime in if I have it wrong.

Thanks ! interesting option if it comes with an FMC.

Leonardo md82 is landing soon!

• Upvote 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

The Majestic Dash 8 is unquestionably the best among your choices :)

• Upvote 3

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

The PMDG J4100 will be released without the original FMC and will instead use the GTN 750 (and not sure about the reality XP version).

Mario Di Lauro

It is important to state we don't believe the GTN750 will be bundled with the Jetstream 41, you will have to own it to see it (otherwise you will have to make do with a customised version of the default GPS 500 PMDG have made).

The Majestic Q400 is undoubtedly the best of all the airliners you've mentioned, and arguably the best airliner for FSX/P3D full stop. What's your issue with the FMS programming, it's just a slightly different method to learn but doesn't really take any longer?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

TFDI 717...A very nice "little" Great aircraft !

Regards,

• Upvote 2

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

TFDI 717...A very nice "little" Great aircraft !

Regards,

I agree.  Fly it all the time and love it.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ckyliu said:

It is important to state we don't believe the GTN750 will be bundled with the Jetstream 41, you will have to own it to see it (otherwise you will have to make do with a customised version of the default GPS 500 PMDG have made).

Sorry - I never meant to imply that the GTN would be part of the package. You must have a separate purchase for it.

Mario Di Lauro

Want to really get some piloting skills in a realistic way, the Majestic Q400 will do it. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

If you don't mind turboprops, Majestic Q400, as many wrote above, is the very best option to choose.
No bugs (I'm aware of), awesome flight dynamics, stellar performance, study level but at the same time, pure pleasure to fly. :smile:

The two mentioned regional jets are nice but not there yet.

As for 757 - it is hardly a 'small aircraft'. If you see it like this, take FSL A320 or PMDG NGX into account.
Captain Sim 757? I don't know. I have rather mixed experience with this developer.

Leonardo MD-82 will no doubt be a great simulation too but since it's not out yet, I couldn't really recommend it at this moment.

• Upvote 1

I have the Majestic Pro - very realistic dynamics and beautiful graphics in and out:  But take it off auto-pilot and it's a b*t*h to hand-fly, especially to land in any slight crosswind -  also it took me a while to learn, and to program the FMS.  I think this aircraft will require a lot of your time in the learning curve... 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Alexandre6463 said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a new "small" commercial aircraft. My choices are Aerosoft CRJ 700/900, Majestic Q400 or maybe the new captain sim 757captain III, or any other suggestion. ( I really don't like the Q400 FMC programming though).

FYI : I already own PMDG products 

Thank you for you suggestion or comments about those products !!!

I can recommend the Majestic Dash Q, although you don't like the FMC it is the way it works in real world.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1