Sign in to follow this  
Alexandre6463

Looking for a new plane

Hello all,

These aircraft do not have the depth and complexity of the ones already mentioned but you could also try the Feel There Embraers (100,135/145, 175/195) which I believe have all been updated to P3Dv4.

As stated, not very complex but they are fun to fly. I have found support to be a bit dodgy but it is there through their forums.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 hours ago, FlightSimmer68 said:

I don't understand the hate for the Majestic FMC. It takes about 5 minutes to figure out and not much longer to actually program.

I've not tried this, but it might be a timesaver:

http://up2sky.dyndns.org/FPRConverter/index.php

Once you have some explain it to you, you will never have a problem again, you very well may come to like it!

Tell you what, I'll be flying the Dash this evening (and streaming at https://gaming.youtube.com/c/OnlineVirtualPilotsAssociation), and I'll create and upload a short CDU tutotial that will explain how use it and navigate around it, and why it functions the way it does.  That I'm sure will be helpful for you.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

I can recommend the Majestic Dash Q, although you don't like the FMC it is the way it works in real world.

Simbol 

The FMS in the Q400 is fine, just requires a bit of study to master it. I can program a flight plan into it quickly and with zero problems, same goes for SIDs, Stars and VNav. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The FMS in the Q400 is fine, just requires a bit of study to master it. I can program a flight plan into it quickly and with zero problems, same goes for SIDs, Stars and VNav. 

Like you said it will requires a bit of study !

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Once you have some explain it to you, you will never have a problem again, you very well may come to like it!

Tell you what, I'll be flying the Dash this evening (and streaming at https://gaming.youtube.com/c/OnlineVirtualPilotsAssociation), and I'll create and upload a short CDU tutotial that will explain how use it and navigate around it, and why it functions the way it does.  That I'm sure will be helpful for you.

Best wishes.

I finally made my decision. I will purchase the Q400 pro next week !! 

DaveCT2003 I did not have the chance to watch you live but I will check the tutorial for sure!!

Thank you everyone for your comments!

• Upvote 1

These videos got me quickly going on the Q400.  https://www.airline2sim.com/course/q400-cadet/

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 hours ago, Alexandre6463 said:

DaveCT2003 I did not have the chance to watch you live but I will check the tutorial for sure!!

I didn't do it live (though I'm always happy to), but I just finished recording it (had some medical stuff come up for me and my wife) and I'll upload it later tonight.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

20 hours ago, Alexandre6463 said:

Like you said it will requires a bit of study !

I finally made my decision. I will purchase the Q400 pro next week !! 

Thank you everyone for your comments!

You won't regret it.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I didn't do it live (though I'm always happy to), but I just finished recording it (had some medical stuff come up for me and my wife) and I'll upload it later tonight.

Best wishes.

I will look at it for sure and learn haha 

On 1/9/2018 at 2:35 AM, Alexandre6463 said:

I've uploaded the Dash 8 Flight Plan video to my Dropbox.  You can download it HERE.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

Thanks Dave, very well done video. Nice to see the route maps as you explain the data entries. I learned a lot.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

The Q400 is one of the best addons ever released for flight simulator. In the pre p3dv4 era it had little vas hit and good performance. I have not upgraded to the p3dv4 version yet. The issue I have is the airplane designed by Bombardier. I hate the cockpit layout. Do not like the fmc. It probably is better if you fly shared cockpit, but flying by myself I am exhausted after flying an hour leg. so much to do, and the cockpit layout is not pilot friendly in my opinion. I prefer a Boeing or Airbus layout and fmc. Less things to do and the layouts are pilot friendly not jumping around to different parts of each panel for all the important steps.

It is an experience though and you really should fly it. The developers have done a great job, I hope the Q300 they planned comes this year.

I undock the Q400 FMC and radio to separate monitor. No moving around at all? IMO, no more or less than any other model.

29 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I undock the Q400 FMC and radio to separate monitor. No moving around at all? IMO, no more or less than any other model.

Not only the radios. the anti ice panel is multiple options instead of just on/off. the 5 buttons you have to turn on before takeoff then off after. and for landing it's 4. the change of prop speed. the lack of an auto throttle on top of all this. it is a large workload and everything is in different parts of the cockpit. the vnav descent is not intuitive. I like hand flying as much as possible, and single pilot the workload is a lot. I fly under atc directions from liveatc feeds and I am tired after a single leg. Maybe I need people as co pilots.

@777200lrf That's exactly why I love the Q400 and regional airline operations in general, there's lots to do! I flew NGX and A320s and PSS 757s for years and years and I'm completely bored of them as I find there's very little to do once outside the TMA.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg