Sign in to follow this  
VBV071

Flight instruments running on 2nd PC

Hello guys,

My name is Steve and im currently building a desktop version of the cockpit from a B737.

Im running P3Dv4 and i noticed that running my instruments on a 2nd monitor giving me some performance issues (Frame drops)

so now im considering to build another PC for running my instruments externaly

which program do you guys use to run your instruments external?

cause when i try to search for a suitable program i cant find the right answer.

thanks in advance

Steve

I use, and like, Air Manager by Sim Innovations on a 2nd PC connected over my home network.

Hi.

If you're planning to use the 737 exclusively, then there is also the Prosim737-Suite to mention. Another software is the iFly 737 CBE (Cockpit builder edition).

Prosim is quite expensive (1250€ ex. tax), the iFly CBE for P3d is around 570€. 

Marc Weber

15 minutes ago, Mischung said:

Hi.

If you're planning to use the 737 exclusively, then there is also the Prosim737-Suite to mention. Another software is the iFly 737 CBE (Cockpit builder edition).

Prosim is quite expensive (1250€ ex. tax), the iFly CBE for P3d is around 570€. 

Thanks for your reply's guys

i was also watching the ProSim solution and also watched the pricing......wow

but i think i only need the ProSim display module....cause all the other devices i have from CPFlight.

is anybody using ProSim and is it demanding for a 2nd machine?? 

I'm using Prosim in my home cockpit and it's a really good 737 simulation. 

But from 2018 on there are no more individual modules on sale. You have to buy the complete suite now. It

I'm running the displays on a 2nd PC and it is not very demanding on HW, but it has to run Win 7 at least because of the used .NET framework version.

The simulator PC then runs the Prosim system simulation and the MCP-module (which connects to the HW-MCP).

Prosim can connect to almost any kind of HW, in my case a self-built OVHD with Opencockpits-cards and MIP from CP-Flight. Very easy to setup in my opinion.

Marc Weber

19 minutes ago, Mischung said:

I'm using Prosim in my home cockpit and it's a really good 737 simulation. 

But from 2018 on there are no more individual modules on sale. You have to buy the complete suite now. It

I'm running the displays on a 2nd PC and it is not very demanding on HW, but it has to run Win 7 at least because of the used .NET framework version.

The simulator PC then runs the Prosim system simulation and the MCP-module (which connects to the HW-MCP).

Prosim can connect to almost any kind of HW, in my case a self-built OVHD with Opencockpits-cards and MIP from CP-Flight. Very easy to setup in my opinion.

WOW....€1250 is a showstopper for me at the moment!!

so where is the big difference is pricing between for example Air manager and ProSim??

oke...so at the moment our candidates are 

• Prosim
  • iFLY 737 CBE
  • Project Magenta
  • Air manager

are there any more candidates that we forgot to mention?

and does anybody knows the pros and cons of these application??

Hi Steve, have you heard, been there done that?

I have build my own 737 cockpit. In the past I have used PMDG, Ifly737 pro, Project Magenta.  After all of that, I bit the bullet and I got Prosim 737.

I know that is not the cheapest alternative. But its currently, by far the best available in the market. 

Assign some value to the countless hours that you will spent trying to configure your home cockpit using the  universe of different hardware manufacturers, to work with any of the other programs.

In my setup I have hardware from FDS, Cpflight, FlyEngravity, Flight Illusion, Pokeys, Pololou, Leo Bodnar, Open Cockpits plus a scratch build Forward and Aft Overhead panels with electrical displays and working gauges. And all of them work seamlessly, with virtually no need for code writing.

Try that with any of the other ones.

Project Magenta, is outdated and not easy to configure, Ifly is not bad, but you will soon outgrow if you  want to build a 737 home cockpit.

Air manager is a great alternative if you are into general aviation aircraft. As a matter of fact I might use their gauges to display in my MIP screens, when I want to fly smaller aircraft and enjoy the scenery.  

My five cents, or better said euro 1,250.

Let me know if I can be of help to you. I am not wisest, but the oldest. I have been doing this ever since the days when the flight simulator was made by Sublogic. that was over 30 years ago.

Regards,

Juan 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Juan for you reply,

but I think that prosim simply costs too much at this moment of my build

at this moment im looking for a application that only dislpays my PMDG PFD,NAV and EICAS

i was looking at FSXpand do you also have have any experience with that?

Steve