Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Really, who uses dynamic lighting?

Use everytime...4*SSAA by day and 8*MSAA by night !

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I do.  To me the performance hit is worth it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'd love to be able to use it and have been experimenting on my most recent 4.1 build. 

Unfortunately I'm finding that it cripples my 1080 which randomly starts to see loads of 100% on the GPU when DL is turned on at payware airports (KSFOHD, Aerosoft EGLL). I'm running a 6700k at 4.6 on a 4K 55" TV which otherwise displays wonderful visuals. I limit my AA to 2xMSAA however the moment I enable DL within P3D my GPU hits 100% and the sim drops to 10-15 FPS.

Shame, because they look wonderful! Wish I could find something of a balance, but dropping the sliders back doesn't help lower the GPU load, neither does turning off AA. 

It's a little annoying, but I can go from a GPU load of 20-30% with DL off and then the moment I switch them on in the sim GPU load goes up to 100%

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I run DL at 4K and have no problems.

Sure, sometimes the performance drops. But it is well worth it.

I guess it just goes to show every system is different. It probably also depends on the number and scope of the DL. Some places are better than others.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I use it and I am very pleased with it...

addons: ASP4, FS Real Time , Navigraph, My Traffic Professional, PMDG 777x , FSUIPC5, Super Traffic Board, EditVoicepackXL, VFX Central, Reborn Lights, PTA

I've been using it on my system and so far no issues at all. Guess I've been lucky.

Jay Marin

I was avoiding it until I realized a simple change to my AA settings would open things up.  I use 4xSSAA for day flying, and switch to 2xMSAA for dusk and night.  Everything works out nicely and my graphics card doesn't have to work so hard anymore.

Interesting.

All you guys running hardware that, with all due respect, is no more powerful than mine has me scratching my head as to why I'm seeing crippling of frame rates (presumably due to the GPU going from 35% to 100%) when DL is turned on.

I tried it at UK2000's EGKK V4 just now. Standing at gate 104 in the NGX at night time I go from frames in the 50s with a GPU load of 30% to frames of 5-8 and a GPU load of 100%. Thats without actually turning on the aircrafts lighting! 

Anybody got any suggestions? I'm running 4K, 4xMSAA. No NI settings or anything, screen (TV) has a refresh rate set of 30? Perhaps a change in drivers?

Kael Oswald

17 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Interesting.

All you guys running hardware that, with all due respect, is no more powerful than mine has me scratching my head as to why I'm seeing crippling of frame rates (presumably due to the GPU going from 35% to 100%) when DL is turned on.

I tried it at UK2000's EGKK V4 just now. Standing at gate 104 in the NGX at night time I go from frames in the 50s with a GPU load of 30% to frames of 5-8 and a GPU load of 100%. Thats without actually turning on the aircrafts lighting! 

Anybody got any suggestions? I'm running 4K, 4xMSAA. No NI settings or anything, screen (TV) has a refresh rate set of 30? Perhaps a change in drivers?

What is your GPU model?

On 08.01.2018 at 5:48 PM, TheBoom said:

Leave it on all the time. 8 x MSAA at 1440p.

Same here at 2560 x 1440 on 6700K gtx1080ti, 20FPS monitor refresh, unlimited in P3D, vsync On, 8 x MSAA

Smooth in Aerosoft EGLL, FT Amsterdam!!

(Scenery Dense, Autogen Normal, LOD 5.5)

50 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Same here at 2560 x 1440 on 6700K gtx1080ti, 20FPS monitor refresh, unlimited in P3D, vsync On, 8 x MSAA

Smooth in Aerosoft EGLL, FT Amsterdam!!

(Scenery Dense, Autogen Normal, LOD 5.5)

Those two airports is also my best performing with DL on.

The main problem is this slideshow on takeoff or landing because of GPU shifting from 30% to 120% when moving.

Not that i dont have stutter to deal with , but this to the equation is just a no go.

But those airports i can actually takeoff and land without to much "noise".

Hopefully the price for 2 x GTX1080TI in SLI will decrease in 2018

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I give, what does DL do?  I move the slider from zero to maximum and can't see any difference in what I'm looking at beyond GPU utilization goes to 100%!

GTX Titan original, P3D V3.4, lots of ORBX FTX and some addon airports from FBS, ORBX,  FSDT I think.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X