Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Really, who uses dynamic lighting?

35 minutes ago, Noel said:

I give, what does DL do?  I move the slider from zero to maximum and can't see any difference in what I'm looking at beyond GPU utilization goes to 100%!

GTX Titan original, P3D V3.4, lots of ORBX FTX and some addon airports from FBS, ORBX,  FSDT I think.

That's Dynamic Reflections, not lighting.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

45 minutes ago, Noel said:

I give, what does DL do?  I move the slider from zero to maximum and can't see any difference in what I'm looking at beyond GPU utilization goes to 100%!

?  DL has no slider, its a checkbox On or Off.  It's a new feature is P3D V4.x and provides volumetric lighting of a scene rather than the 2D triangle lighting that "attaches" to 2D terrain tiles.

See earlier in this thread: 

Cheers, Rob.

33 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

?  DL has no slider, its a checkbox On or Off.  It's a new feature is P3D V4.x and provides volumetric lighting of a scene rather than the 2D triangle lighting that "attaches" to 2D terrain tiles.

See earlier in this thread: 

Cheers, Rob.

Oh I see, or don't as it were since I am the resident luddite, just recently upgrading from P3D 3.0 to 3.4 ;o)   It's the DR that I can't tell if anything beyond GPU utilization is affected.  Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 hours ago, simbol said:

What is your GPU model?

Hi Simbol,

I'm using a 1080 on a 6700k @ 4.6. 4K TV, 16xAF 4xMSAA. No reflections. Lots of UTLive (90%), No autogen.

Can't figure out why it's so low.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Just now, KL Oo said:

Hi Simbol,

I'm using a 1080 on a 6700k @ 4.6. 4K TV, 16xAF 4xMSAA. No reflections. Lots of UTLive (90%), No autogen.

Can't figure out why it's so low.

It could be the synchronization issues between your GPU FPS and your 4TV, try to lock for your TV at 25Ghz, 26Ghz or 27Ghz and also your FPS at these values to see if you get a better smooth experience.

Best Regards,
Simbol

20 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Interesting.

All you guys running hardware that, with all due respect, is no more powerful than mine has me scratching my head as to why I'm seeing crippling of frame rates (presumably due to the GPU going from 35% to 100%) when DL is turned on.

I tried it at UK2000's EGKK V4 just now. Standing at gate 104 in the NGX at night time I go from frames in the 50s with a GPU load of 30% to frames of 5-8 and a GPU load of 100%. Thats without actually turning on the aircrafts lighting! 

Anybody got any suggestions? I'm running 4K, 4xMSAA. No NI settings or anything, screen (TV) has a refresh rate set of 30? Perhaps a change in drivers?

To be honest uk2000 Gatwick is awful anyway. 

As much as Gary is a nice bloke his scenery isnt optimised for v4. I'm itching to get Egkk uninstalled and put jennasofts egkk on. 

14ppkc-6.png

I want to use DL, but don't.

Most of the time I fly the XP Lear 25 & when DL is on, turning the landing lights on the whole cockpit lights up way too bright.

Could be you have DR on? DR kills the fps way worse compared to DL. I have a 1080ti too and with 2048 32 bit clouds and 8x MSAA my frames are always ok.