Sign in to follow this  
Holclo

P3DV4.1 CTD almost always on First Start Up

I have always had a peculiar CTD when starting P3Dv4.1 This was a clean install on a new computer.(Win 10 and P3Dv4.1)

What happens, 9 times out of 10 is that on starting P3D I get a CTD about 10 secs (varies) after start while the black P3D logo is still showing. (The odd time it starts without any problem).

If I then close P3D and restart P3D - it starts everytime with no problems. I can live with this except an ATC programme I have networked will then not connect.

However instead of resarting P3D if I actuallly restart my computer everything runs first time (that is P3D and my networked ATC programme).

I attach the error I see in Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e95

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x8274fd8b

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f775f

Faulting process id: 0x2eac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3886013dd00f1

Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 766b5956-c9e5-48ae-bfcc-5a53526d8c45

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

William

Most likely a module loading in your dll.xml.  If you have the Carenardo CMeteoXml64.dll, disable it in the dll.xml.  The crash indicates high settings too.  The AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature) provides information on how to disable modules in the dll.xml from loading at startup.  More suggestions on page 34 of the guide.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you very much for your reply. Could you please tell me where I can locate the dll.xml  . I can find the DLL.XML but that is not the one with multiple entries.

William

There are two.  One in the same folder as the P3D.cfg (old default) and one in the same folder as the scenery.cfg (new default).  Some addon developers still use the old default.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I never did find the folders containing the data shown in the CTD Guide. However the instructions to delete a Carenardo file lead me to thinking about the 9 times out of 10 (roughly) but not 10/10 CTDs

I think I have traced the CTD to a downloaded Prosim livery. I have now saved my startup flight with the default Prosim livery and haven't had a CTD since -- hope thats not it jinxed now!!

However thank you very much for your help.

William 

If you own a Carenado aircraft, you must have the module, carenavigraphx64.dll loading via the dll.xml located in your the same location as your scenery.cfg.  When you open up the folder with the scenery.cfg, you will probably only see dll and not dll.xml.  If you do not know how to get to these files, the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 7 will show you how.  It requires extra efforts as the folder is hidden and you have to find out how to view it.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM