Sign in to follow this  
Arun Sairam R

Single FPS even in a high end laptop

I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 (G3-571) with Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), and 16 GB RAM along with an NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphic card. However, even in default airports, I am getting only 8-10 fps while facing traffic. The traffic addon that I use is ### AI. I don't want to set my traffic to zero since I like the airports with ai traffic . I don't know why I'm getting low fps even on a laptop with very good potential. Please provide solutions

Which simulator are you using?  The AI program you are using is software piracy as the developer is using aircraft intellectually developed by other developers without their permission. 

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I use flight simulator X. I use XXX AI which is a freeware traffic addon

Edited by Jim Young
Removed name of pirated software.

Did you delete or rename the FSX.cfg, restart your computer and let FSX rebuild?  The reason for doing this is to determine whether you have any high settings which are causing FSX to have low FPS.  I have a very high end computer (see signature) and cannot set my FSX settings and/or display driver settings high as it leads to low fps and no enjoyment in the game.  Any tweaks you might have employed will bring your computer down too.  The AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide provides suggestions (see link in the signature). 

Please do not advertise the pirated software on AVSIM.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, Jim Young said:

Did you delete or rename the FSX.cfg, restart your computer and let FSX rebuild?  The reason for doing this is to determine whether you have any high settings which are causing FSX to have low FPS.  I have a very high end computer (see signature) and cannot set my FSX settings and/or display driver settings high as it leads to low fps and no enjoyment in the game.  Any tweaks you might have employed will bring your computer down too.  The AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide provides suggestions (see link in the signature). 

Please do not advertise the pirated software on AVSIM.

Yes I id delete the fsx.cfg and let FSX rebuild it. The frames were locked at 40 and I was able to achieve it. About 3 weeks back, it just dropped down to 8 or 9 while testing the PMDG 777 in flytampa Dubai. Also, I apologise for posting about the traffic addon. I have uninstalled it on knowing about it's shortcomings. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Arun Sairam R said:

it just dropped down to 8 or 9 while testing the PMDG 777 in flytampa Dubai.

The PMDG 777 is not very frame rate friendly.  Not sure about the add-on FlyTampa Dubai but most commercial add-ons have a lot of eye-candy and are not frame rate friendly.  Back when FSX was first released in 2006, everyone had problems getting FSX above 15 fps and many suffered with the single digit FPS causing slide shows.  The increases in computer tech has allowed us to raise the fps slider to 30 and above but commercial developers like PMDG and FlyTampa have taken advantage of the new computer technology and added a lot more eye-candy.  So, it is important that the display drivers and fsx.cfg be properly set up.  Too high display driver settings will bring fsx to its knees begging for mercy even in modern computers.  That coupled with fsx.cfg settings will lower the fps.  These are the two things that really control fps.  When you load fsx at the default KLAS with default fsx settings and default display driver settings, you will be able to get up to 300 fps.  Probably at the default Dubai airport too.  Then you add add-ons and those fps suddenly drop from 300fps to 50-70 fps.  Then you start adjusting the settings in FSX and in your display driver settings and they drop even further.  

While at Dubai, you will probably suffer low fps but, when you takeoff and leave the Dubai area, the fps should get higher and higher.  Autogen is a fps killer when coupled with commercial airport scenery.  I would turn it off if you have FlyTampa Dubai and turn it back on after you depart.  

Thanks for your consideration of the flight simulation community developers who produce intellectual products only to have the products stolen and placed in other products.  

Best regards,

Jim 

Submit News to AVSIM