Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Resize ATC window permanently?

Hi all-

Is there a way to resize the ATC window?

ATC chatter occupies about one third of the window with the rest white space.

Thanks, Mark

I just grab the top  or the bottom  and drag them to the size I want. I can also grab the whole message and drag it to any part of the screen and adjust the width of the log.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Permanently out of the box nope unfortunately, but you can use something like this http://www.casawave.fr/upload/fsx/Panel_Position.zip

It saves all your windows and panels positions!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Marques,

I downloaded that PDF file which was zipped. Unfortunately though, I can not open it. I wonder if you could enlarge  on your last post somewhat.

I wuld like to think that it may slve a problem of mine in that I undock a VC view which I then move to another screen. I then resize it fill that screen, pan to create a side external view through the cockpit window. I am able to save it as part of the set up for that flight. Each time I call up that flight it is displayed where I left it but... the view returns to the original VC view and I have to go through the panning process again each time I want to fly. I am hoping that what you linked to will actually be able to save it  permanently in the panned state.

Newtie,

I don't think this will be much good to you but you can undock the ATC chatter, resize and move it to anywhere on your screen. HOWEVER, that turns your opaque ATC block into a vivid blue box which you cannot see through.  I believe that this would be intrusive if left on your original screen, but it works wonderfully if you have an extra screen.  You have to save it of course. I hope this helps.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, yellowjack said:

I just grab the top  or the bottom  and drag them to the size I want. I can also grab the whole message and drag it to any part of the screen and adjust the width of the log.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm looking at resizing it permanently so I don't have to do that every time.

Thanks,

Mark

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

Permanently out of the box nope unfortunately, but you can use something like this http://www.casawave.fr/upload/fsx/Panel_Position.zip

It saves all your windows and panels positions!

I only want to save the size of the ATC window, not the main window as I'm running triple monitors. :biggrin:

Yes, it can be done very easily. When I am behind my PC I will post how. Stay tuned. 

41 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Marques,

I downloaded that PDF file which was zipped. Unfortunately though, I can not open it. I wonder if you could enlarge  on your last post somewhat.

I wuld like to think that it may slve a problem of mine in that I undock a VC view which I then move to another screen. I then resize it fill that screen, pan to create a side external view through the cockpit window. I am able to save it as part of the set up for that flight. Each time I call up that flight it is displayed where I left it but... the view returns to the original VC view and I have to go through the panning process again each time I want to fly. I am hoping that what you linked to will actually be able to save it  permanently in the panned state.

Newtie,

I don't think this will be much good to you but you can undock the ATC chatter, resize and move it to anywhere on your screen. HOWEVER, that turns your opaque ATC block into a vivid blue box which you cannot see through.  I believe that this would be intrusive if left on your original screen, but it works wonderfully if you have an extra screen.  You have to save it of course. I hope this helps.

Regards

Tony

I'm running triple monitors so this might work. Will give it a try.

1 minute ago, J van E said:

Yes, it can be done very easily. When I am behind my PC I will post how. Stay tuned. 

All righty then :biggrin:

Go to your P3D folder, open the Gauges folder and open missionpanels.cfg with Notepad.

Search for [Window11] which is the ATC window.

Edit the window_size entry or: the numbers are percentages of the screen, so 0.2, 0.53 means the width is a 5th (20%) of your screen and the height is just over half (53%) of your screen.

Edit the position: 0 (zero) is top left corner, 1 is top middle, 2 is top right corner, 3 is left middle, 4 is middle, 5 is right middle, 6 is bottom left corner, 7 is bottom middle, 8 is bottom right corner

Save the file and your done forever. Well, until the next reinstall. Just try some numbers to see what works best for you.

Thanks Jeroen, l had this very same question earlier and was very happy to see someone finally posing (and someone answering!) it.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thank you, Jeroen, this is really very helpful.  I've adjusted mine and I love the slimmer look.  I set the window width to 0.11, and left the setting of 0.53 so I wouldn't need to scroll through the menu items.  I then assigned the position to number 2 that keeps it in the upper right corner.  What a grand tweak this is!  

4 hours ago, J van E said:

Go to your P3D folder, open the Gauges folder and open missionpanels.cfg with Notepad.

Edit the window_size entry or: the numbers are percentages of the screen, so 0.2, 0.53 means the width is a 5th (20%) of your screen and the height is just over half (53%) of your screen.

Edit the position: 0 (zero) is top left corner, 1 is top middle, 2 is top right corner, 3 is left middle, 4 is middle, 5 is right middle, 6 is bottom left corner, 7 is bottom middle, 8 is bottom right corner

Save the file and your done forever. Well, until the next reinstall. Just try some numbers to see what works best for you.

Excellent. Works perfect. Thanks.

Mark

5 hours ago, J van E said:

Didnt know this, always learning :) thank you for sharing!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, J van E said:

awesome information .. thank you Jeroen