Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Any updates on Level-D's 757?

Considering grabbing CS757 but was wondering if there's any news from Level-D apart from what was already announced in June. It's been 6 months...

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

25 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

It's been 6 months...

In LVL-D time frame mode that means they only have about another 72 months or so to go. 😁

• Upvote 1

Eric 

I was quietly hoping I've missed an announcement and that they're close. It appeared back in June that their project was almost ready, I guess not. I'm going to grab CS's product then. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Drumcode

Please save your $75,00 re CS757. There are so many (FMC) bugs that I could not belive plus that the cockpit needs lots of improvement in almost any aspect of it. 

I would not pay more than $50,00 at this stage.

Edited by killthespam
Missed CS757
  • Upvote 3

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I was about to buy CS’s 757 until I heard they were using default engine simulations. A 75 dollar product should have custom coded and simulated engines, as nearly every other high quality payware airliner does. And the fact that they aren’t going to fix it due to it being “too much work” cemented my choice even further.

Hoping LevelD deliver on their 757, it is needed badly.

Hoping for level d to pull through, but I’ll take the qw 757 for $15 over the CS versión any day 

Orman

I doubt I'd buy it anyway, given the attitude of the front man on their forum.

David Porrett

1 hour ago, killthespam said:

Drumcode

Please save your $75,00 re CS757. There are so many (FMC) bugs that I could not belive plus that the cockpit needs lots of improvement in almost any aspect of it. 

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

I was about to buy CS’s 757 until I heard they were using default engine simulations. A 75 dollar product should have custom coded and simulated engines, as nearly every other high quality payware airliner does. And the fact that they aren’t going to fix it due to it being “too much work” cemented my choice even further.

Hoping LevelD deliver on their 757, it is needed badly.

What are the "so many FMC bugs"?   Have not come across any show stopper ones. 

The engine rework is on the list to be fixed slated for next update. Go to their forum on bug list tracking, and have a look at the acknowledged list of bugs to be fixed, as well as the suggestion tracker thread that will be implemented. 

Fuel burn will be reworked as well.  Other than that, theres not alot of big bugs, and very flyable. Best 757 we have for prepar3d thats for sure. A little expensive side, but it is fun to fly. And they seem committed to dealing with the outstanding bugs. 

• Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

9 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

What are the "so many FMC bugs"?   Have not come across any show stopper ones. 

The engine rework is on the list to be fixed slated for next update. Go to their forum on bug list tracking, and have a look at the acknowledged list of bugs to be fixed, as well as the suggestion tracker thread that will be implemented. 

Fuel burn will be reworked as well.  Other than that, theres not alot of big bugs, and very flyable. Best 757 we have for prepar3d thats for sure. A little expensive side, but it is fun to fly. And they seem committed to dealing with the outstanding bugs. 

Will reconsider purchase after the update. 

Eric 

4 hours ago, B777ER said:

In LVL-D time frame mode that means they only have about another 72 months or so to go. 😁

Lol, that may be even a little generous. The (admittedly small) LDS team moves at their own rate certainly.

Moving house recently I came across a handout from Avsim Conf 2004 announcing their 757. 2018 now means the sim has taken notably longer than the 757 did from 727 replacement discussions to first delivery.

I loved, still do, the 763 in X dated textures and all. A study-level 75/67 sim is badly needed in our hobby; too bad it'll never be targeted by the likes of PMDG (by their own statements).

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Latest screenshot showcasing the Level-D 757 

Screen-Shot-2016-06-14-at-8.26.59-AM.png

• Upvote 7

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

5 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Considering grabbing CS757 but was wondering if there's any news from Level-D apart from what was already announced in June. It's been 6 months...

6 months? 12 years. Its suppose to be in beta but that time frame could be tomorrow or  2030

Richie Walsh

1 minute ago, Irishcurse said:

6 months? 12 years. Its suppose to be in beta but that time frame could be tomorrow or  2030

I meant 6 months since the last update and a screenshot posted on the interwebs.

Jacek G.

2 hours ago, killthespam said:

Drumcode

I'm not seeing all of these "bugs" that you are referring to.  I've made quite a few flights with the CS757 and it is very stable with only a few bugs that I can see, mostly related to VNAV speed.

The speed problem can be easily managed.  

I'm really enjoying this 757 and believe it is worth every penny.

If someone relies a lot on VNAV to where that is a deal-breaker, then they may want to wait until they do a hotfix, but this aircraft looks, sounds and flies beautifully.

For me, I don't use VNAV until I am over 10,000ft and switch it off below 10,000ft on decent, where I start using vertical speed with the altitude restrictions from the STAR or ATC in the MCP. The CS757 will work perfectly like this.

I am loving this aircraft.

As far as ever seeing one from LevelD.....not likely.

• Upvote 2