Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Any updates on Level-D's 757?

2 hours ago, killthespam said:

There are so many (FMC) bugs that I could not belive plus that the cockpit needs lots of improvement in almost any aspect of it. 

I have no problems with the FMC.  Programming is simple.  Did you get the Navigraph navdata update?  My only issue with the FMC is saving a flightplan.  If you try to load the flightplan on a subsequent flight, it is corrupted and it will result in a crash if you try to use it.  Hopefully you have reported your bugs to CS.  I was there last night looking and did not see issues you mentioned.  I may report the saving the flight plan bug but it takes me seconds to load the FMC using the Dep/Arr Page.  I like the fact they are making everyone reference the manual with page number and images and videos to prove there is a bug.  That way it should be resolved quickly.  This morning I flew a perfect flight from KSFO to KSAN in ASP4 with lots of rain and nasty weather.  The APP worked perfectly.  In fact the first time ever I was able to land employing the APP on final with any aircraft, including all of the PMDG aircraft.  It landed perfectly.  This might have been a fluke though.  Maybe one perfect landing out of 200 attempts?  It is easy to criticize an aircraft by a developer with a reputation for some bad developments but I heard the CS777 for P3DV4 is great too.  In fact I have that aircraft and loved it.  But I also bought the PMDG 777 which costs more so I am using that one and leaving the CS version in my hangar.  I just think the flight dynamics on the CS757 are awesome and it sounds great too.

Best regards,

Jim

5 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Considering grabbing CS757 but was wondering if there's any news from Level-D apart from what was already announced in June. It's been 6 months...

Hi Jacek,

We have a Level-D forum somewhere here on AVSIM.  Sometimes they place information about future projects there.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

Not to get into a heated argument here. I'm a real airline pilot and I flew this airplane many years ago. For you is understandable "I have no problems with the FMC", for me that guy who flew and operated the airplane I can assure you that there are issues with the FMC. Just a few to point out, on PERF INIT page at L4 (RESERVES) you should be able to put 0 or 0.0 as a value. On FIX page R6 (PRED ETA_ALT) while on the ground or climbing if you put an altitude that is above your actual you should see it on magenta line, this FMC is only calculating PRED ALT only for descend. Another issue is after you created a wpt and is saved on legs page you should be able to create another wpt.......etc.

I understand that they had real pilots on testing, most likely  they missed it (it happens)  but for sure $75,00 is ......................... 

• Upvote 5

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, killthespam said:

I'm a real airline pilot and I flew this airplane many years ago.

Thanks for your input.  Let's hope CS listens and the aircraft gets better but, IMHO, this is a flight simulator.  There is nothing like the real world involved here.  I hit the Z key and it turns on the AP.  The thing flies, the AP works, the FMC works (if programmed properly), the brakes work with Shift+..  F7 makes the flaps go lower and F5 or F6 makes them rise.  That's not like that in real life.  Even using my mouse to change the flaps lever is not realistic.  Whether using the F keys or using the mouse, it all gives me the sense of flight and the enjoyment of learning some of the things associated with flight (education).  If I wanted to try a real simulator (and get as real as it can get), I would go to a facility that offers individuals the opportunity to use a flight simulator where the simulator twists and turns and you mostly have a real cockpit.  So, I'm one of those guys who just wants to learn how to program the FMC, how to go into the performance page and hit Request and the OPS Center automatically enters the data for me.  If I had to sit here and mathematically have to figure out all of that data every time I flew a "heavy" then I would lose the enjoyment I have now with flight simulation.  Perhaps 10 years from now, the developers like PMDG, CS, iFly, etc., will make an aircraft that is as real as it gets or just as good as in a real flight simulator.  Until then, I want to enjoy learning and think many of the members in the community have the same objective.  I really like the 757 and this one is a joy to fly.

Earlier I mentioned I had a perfect landing at San Diego.  First time ever in any heavy where it followed the ILS 09 glideslope and landed with the front wheel going down the middle line of the runway.  I was excited about a nice landing after a long flight from San Francisco in rough weather and taxied off the runway.  Then, I hit F-12 and told GSX to warp me to Gate C3.  It warped me into the middle of the terminal at a 120 degree angle whereas the Gate was at a 70 degree angle to the terminal.  That's a learning experience too!  :smile:  Never warp yourself to a gate.... 

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

26 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Never warp yourself to a gate.... 

Best regards,

Jim

Yep, I used to get all picky about things too...  then I realized I'm doing all of this sitting in front of a desk :)

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, killthespam said:

Jim,

Not to get into a heated argument here. I'm a real airline pilot and I flew this airplane many years ago. For you is understandable "I have no problems with the FMC", for me that guy who flew and operated the airplane I can assure you that there are issues with the FMC. Just a few to point out, on PERF INIT page at L4 (RESERVES) you should be able to put 0 or 0.0 as a value. On FIX page R6 (PRED ETA_ALT) while on the ground or climbing if you put an altitude that is above your actual you should see it on magenta line, this FMC is only calculating PRED ALT only for descend. Another issue is after you created a wpt and is saved on legs page you should be able to create another wpt.......etc.

I understand that they had real pilots on testing, most likely  they missed it (it happens)  but for sure $75,00 is ......................... 

There is works....  then there is works accurately. I want accuracy, I want to pick up the fcom or QRH and use that as my manual.

This why I only buy the cream of the crop study sims like FSL, PMDG, majestic and ixeg.  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yep, I used to get all picky about things too...  then I realized I'm doing all of this sitting in front of a desk :)

I like having an accurate simulation even though I do not enable failures. I'll get bored too quickly flying an airplane that does not have the basic systems accurately modeled.

16 hours ago, mikea76 said:

There is works....  then there is works accurately. I want accuracy, I want to pick up the fcom or QRH and use that as my manual.

This why I only buy the cream of the crop study sims like FSL, PMDG, majestic and ixeg.  

I buy "cream of the crop" also, I regularly fly all that you listed. Many times on Pilotedge when I have the time, but I enjoy flying some of the aircraft offered by other developers, CaptainSim included.

If PMDG made a 757 it would be on my computer, but PMDG doesn't make a 757 or a 767 so I'm satisfied using one that works great but not quite at the PMDG level.

If I want to fly a 757 in P3Dv4, this one works to my liking and I believe will be improved on from here.  I have no problem with Captain Sim.

• Upvote 1