Sign in to follow this  
ClearedtoLand

747-8 When?

Yes, the flight sim world took my mind off several rough times when I was battling cancer.  There is only so much TV and negative news out there you can watch.  This hobby brings a calmness mixed with a satisfying need to solve problems with the skills you've obtained over the years.  Hope health and joy for you in the future.  Don't worry about the 747-8.  You have the LD757 due any day!

• Upvote 2

Paul Gugliotta

Your testimony is a blessing. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

On 1/8/2018 at 11:03 AM, ClearedtoLand said:

I buried myself in my simulator, in a limited but effective way, giving in to my constant desire to escape into a virtual world from something from which there was no escape in the real.

Testament to your character Sir as others have taken alternate paths to escape reality. I have to admit I too, from time to time I try to escape from the real world using the sim. Only difference is after reading this, my reasons have taken on a whole new perspective. The JS4100 is my absolute favorite aircraft and once she is back into my sim I'll be reminded how truly blessed I am personally when I hear ATC say "ClearedtoLand". God speed.

• Upvote 1

This caught me off guard.

Clear skies ahead for you and your family Sir.

• Upvote 2

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I hereby symbolically dedicate my next flight to you and your beloved Nina..

May she find peace in the skies

• Upvote 1

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

She would be proud of you... This "leakage" of pure love for her with this post, will surely flood paradise where she is...

Health & Strength to you all...

• Upvote 2

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Not what I was expecting to read when I clicked on '747-8 When' but an extremely moving reflection on the fascination and escape offered by flight simulation. PMDG has certainly provided me with pleasure over several years; and the comfort and and escape it offered 3 years ago when recovering from my cancer operation helped enormously. I spent hours reading and annotating my notes on the 777 which had been released around that time.

Belated sympathy on your great loss, Francois, and hope to see your contributions on the forum in future.

• Upvote 1

Bernard Walford

I'm not the posting kind of guy, but with this one I couldn't remain silent. You have hit me right in the heart my friend.

Keep the blue side up and all the best to you.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Randall Snijders

The replies to this topic have been beyond my wildest dreams, I don't actually have the words to say thank you. I don't know what else to say other than at times, I have been close to tears from reading your comments. To everyone who has commented, thank you, you have no idea how much it meant to me.

To those who shared stories of their own battles with adversity, I wish you all the best as you walk your own roads towards recovery, I hope that the responses from everyone on this topic will remind you of the kindness of people and that that in itself is a reason for hope and perseverance.

Thank you all for sharing in the memory of little Nina, as she never learnt to speak, I would guess that her response to your warm words would have been something like this

Ro6jCc2.jpg

With gratitude to everyone at PMDG, and everyone who contributed to making this the perfect send off from the world of Flight Sim, and in loving memory of Nina Rene Myburgh 05 December 2013 - 31 July 2014

• Upvote 14

Tears in MY eyes now, friend! :sendu:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Oh my!!!  What a darling little cutie!  What a profound story and one that many of us in ways can relate.  I saw one post where a fellow simmer used PMDG while he was in a rough spot while battling cancer.  My wife and I had an international adoption go way sideways and it took nearly two years to get our baby home.  I used to drown my pain into PMDG beta's, I did a lot of flights from WMKK as I felt somehow closer to my Mimi.

But your story is tragically beautiful, you can see the love in her eyes.  I have tears in my eyes for you and your family.  May God Bless her.

• Upvote 1

Wow, I am touched beyond words. Having a little girl myself(and having her fly with me just yesterday) it really touched my heart, and it’s hard not to shed a tear. God bless you and your family. 

Alex Gil

• Upvote 1

Also welling up a bit, I am so sorry.  At a loss for words.

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

Same here, must be one of the most misleading thread titles ever (no offense mate). I'm at a loss for words and very touched. God bless you and your family!

• Upvote 1