Sign in to follow this  
ClearedtoLand

747-8 When?

Thank you for sharing this with us. We are all on different sides of the world, but we all share the same passion that makes us as a family: Aviation. Those not inside this industry, real or simulated, will never understand how simple the sound of an engine can bring us together and at our best.

• Upvote 3

Extremely moving story. it is a powerful reminder that life is a precious gift that we can never take for granted.

May you and your family continue to heal.

Blessings.

Norbert

• Upvote 2

Wow - I don't visit these forums as often I used to due to real life time constraints, but I am glad I came across this tonight.   All the best and God bless my friend.   This is a very different take on how realistic our PMDG simulations are.   Take care and all the best for the future!

• Upvote 2

Damn i came here with hope to see a update and be happy but this...

I nearly lost my brother some time ago due to dehydration... long story but well i still have him so i won't  say anymore as i have no idea how you feel....

Only thing i know is: 

Take care and *pats on the shoulder*

• Upvote 1

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

All I can say is.....wow! This was not at all what I expected seeing the 747-8 thread. Like most of the others, I was in shock at reading your touching story about your daughter. And seeing her picture has left me sitting here at the computer, thinking about my own daughter (who I haven't seen or heard from in years...my ex's fault here). I can understand the feelings of loss, but could never grasp those of losing a child. My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your family. Take care of your family and get well. We have reserved a gate for ya, when your ready to return to the virtual skies! And with that, I leave you with this little prayer i came across:

"Lord, We come to you now for our fellow aviator. We come to you to ask that you provide them strength and comfort in this time of deep need. Their hurt and grief run so deep. We feel so much pain for them, but we can only imagine how hard this time must be for them. We pray that you help them maintain their faith in you during this difficult time.

We know you can be our greatest shoulder, but we also ask that you remain their biggest provider. It is a time when daily life can be so burdensome. Please provide patience from others as they work through their grief. Surround them with understanding so that they can work through all the emotions this loss brought up. In this time when so many things get lost - bills need to be paid, homework needs to be done - allow those around them to help keep regular life on track.

And Lord, allow us to be a comfort to our friend. Help us be what they need during this time. Provide us with the comforting words, the kindness in our hearts, the patience to allow the grief to take it’s course. Let us be part of your light and comfort during this time.

We pray these things in your holy name. Amen."

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Longhaul444 said:

All I can say is.....wow! This was not at all what I expected seeing the 747-8 thread. Like most of the others, I was in shock at reading your touching story about your daughter. And seeing her picture has left me sitting here at the computer, thinking about my own daughter (who I haven't seen or heard from in years...my ex's fault here). I can understand the feelings of loss, but could never grasp those of losing a child. My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your family. Take care of your family and get well. We have reserved a gate for ya, when your ready to return to the virtual skies! And with that, I leave you with this little prayer i came across:

This is stunningly beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it, and thank you for your kind words.

I am just truly moved by all the thoughtful replies I have gotten in this topic, and it has filled me with a huge admiration for the time and consideration that all of you have brought to your replies.

I am sorry to hear about the sad separation that your ex has caused between you and daughter. I can only truly wish that she will change her mind about that, because that is a most unnecessary cruel thing for her to do.

• Upvote 2