Sign in to follow this  
Gabe777

Does any official support actually Exist ?

FYI - for the benefit of anyone who is a newcomer to this aircraft, the answer to Bert's original questions is :

For a quad cpu running with AM = 14....the section in the maj ini file should read:

[SYSTEM]
; timing source  0=Queue Timer, 1=Multimedia Timer
TimingSource=0
; disabling the FDE to FSX syncronization might be necessary if unlimited fps setting is used
disableFDEtoFSXSync=0
; by default Dash-8 will not load it's tasks onto the CPU core where the FSX process runs
disableFSXCPUBypass=0
; Here one can specify which CPU cores the certain function threads will prefer to run
; 1 bit per core. For example, 2=CPUid2, 4=CPUid3, 6=CPUid2+3  Only takes effect if disableFSXCPUBypass is not 0
systemThreadsCPUMask=0
graphicsThreadCPUMask=0

Exhaustive testing (well 10 minutes !), shows this allows the physical cores 1 to 3 (2nd to 4th effective) can run up to 100% each, and the first physical core (Core 0), is used by the Dash 8 FDE engine - and is typically running at 50 to 100%. Clearly, it detects that FSX is running on cores 2 to 4, and runs the FDE on the first core (Core 0).

Presumably, if you wish to specifiy a core for the two factors at the bottom, currently set to = 0, you must also change the disableFSXCPUBypass to = 1.

This is actually quite an achievement, as I have never seen FSX running at nearly 100%..... FSX uses up to 75% and the Dash FDE up to 100% on the 1st physical core, not being used by FSX. Astounding !

(Luckily,  I am bailing on FSX in the next month or 2, so it is rather moot for me..... and I'm getting a stoopid powerful cpu with like 8 billion cores (well - 6 /12 threads), as P3D does appear to run smoother with multiple threads, if not actually improving FPS per se. And, it can only get better.

I certainly won't be sorry to see the back of FSX.... OMG, it's been one long nightmare. 

• Upvote 2

Problem with that 

8 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Problem with that is that it is a read only forum.  You need an invitation code they never will send.

They may help with email, they responded fairly quickly to me once but it is frustrating to not have a clear support path.

Harry Woodrow

2 hours ago, harrry said:

Problem with that 

Problem with that is that it is a read only forum.  You need an invitation code they never will send.

They may help with email, they responded fairly quickly to me once but it is frustrating to not have a clear support path.

just as  orbx  and  rex  forum  you need  verification  before  you  can  post  your  issue  there  are  others  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Invitation Code

Username

Password

Confirm Password

I agree to the terms of service
 Remember me on this computer

Yes but Orbx does not require you to apply through an unknown means for an invitation code.

Harry Woodrow

2 minutes ago, harrry said:

Yes but Orbx does not require you to apply through an unknown means for an invitation code.

cant  see  any issue at all

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, harrry said:

Well look

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/entry/register?Target=discussion%2F3306%2Fmjc8-q400-x64-editions-version-1-020a-patch

When you go to the user area after already having given a User name you have a section to join forum

This form needs an "Invitation code" to use.  Where does it tell you how to get one.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1456/accessing-the-majestic-software-forums/p1

Peter kelberg

I confess I baulked at the 'invitation' thing but realised they're furrin. They are very helpful over there I've found. Persevere.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

On 1/9/2018 at 1:15 AM, harrry said:

Problem with that 

Kindly refrain from sending false statements regarding our Official Support system.  Our forum provides specific instructions regarding gaining access to the forum, which yes is via an invitation code.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

4 minutes ago, harrry said:

My comments stand

so  whats  you issue  here  harry  cant bothered  gaining  access   to the  forum , not  much  difference  from any  other  forum   you need  to be  verified  first 

Peter kelberg