Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Oculus update 1.22 Now on Public Test Channel

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/60977/rift-si-1-22-now-available-on-public-test-channel

We're back from the holidays with the latest Rift SI release that's rolling out now on the Public Test Channel. We've added some key features to make navigating and managing your Library on desktop even better. Rift Core 2.0 — Dash and Oculus Home — benefit from numerous performance and stability improvements. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes

• Oculus desktop app: Multiple Library locations
  • Install and manage your VR apps for Oculus across more than one hard drive or Windows folder
  • Library detail panel:
  • View detailed information about your use of each app, including playtime hours and achievements
  • Graphics:
  • Added 8x MSAA support
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):Oculus Home:
  • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu
  • Implemented a number of rendering and performance improvements
  • Fixed several interaction and/or graphical issues with various objects

Dash:

• Improved performance when running apps acquired from outside the Oculus Store
  • Addressed several Oculus Desktop application compatibility issues
  • Introduced fixes for a number of hardware compatibility issues
  • Assorted bug fixes and stability improvements

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Has anyone been able to use Dash to bring a popup window into the VR cockpit?

Danny

Danny

Yes, several people have done it. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Interesting.  I have not been able to do so.  I have opened a popup window in P3D containing the gps, but, can not pin it to the grid.  There is not "pin" icon associated with the popup windows within the sim.  If several have been able to do this, could you point me to information about how they did so?

Regards,

Danny

Danny

12 hours ago, DannyR said:

Interesting.  I have not been able to do so.  I have opened a popup window in P3D containing the gps, but, can not pin it to the grid.  There is not "pin" icon associated with the popup windows within the sim.  If several have been able to do this, could you point me to information about how they did so?

Regards,

Danny

It was right there in the thread I linked:

First open the chart and make sure its window isnt fullscreen. Then switch to desktop view within dash and alt+tab to bring the charts window in front. Then grab the charts window and move it away from the desktop and place it whereever you want. Then hit the (way too small) pin symbol in the bottom right to ensure its shown in P3D

Devons rig

Hi,

If you use this method to import (say) LittleNavMap into the cockpit in  P3D, can you then use the mouse to interact with the software in that environment?

This would make it similar to my current FSX with Flyinside arrangement, and may convince me to try P3D.

Dave.

I am not sure if you can pin 2D pop-ups from the simulator. I have tried with the AFE from the PMDG DC-6 in P3D and could not "grab" the window in the desktop view. It works fine for external programs such as vPilot or Navigraph.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Littlenavmap is a freeware external program, so should work then?

The real question though is can you interact with the mouse (the touch controllers would be no real use)?

Dave.

I cannot interact with them using my mouse. It seems SteamVR will release an update soon that would allow you to interact with the Oculus` Virtual Windows with the Touch Controllers. That would be great, especially for XP11s native VR, which already makes very good use of those.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I am not sure if you can pin 2D pop-ups from the simulator. I have tried with the AFE from the PMDG DC-6 in P3D and could not "grab" the window in the desktop view. It works fine for external programs such as vPilot or Navigraph.

That certainly has been my experience.  I tried using HiFlyer's method on a 2D popup window in the sim (GPS) and I couldn't "grab" the window.  Oh well, perhaps the capability will be provided in a future revision.

Danny

Danny

While I am really enjoying these new functionalities, today while planning a flight I had some significant problems and slowdowns. I had 4 external windows pinned at the moment and had to kill Oculus Home via the TaskManager because everything basically came to a halt. 

9 hours ago, GCBraun said:

While I am really enjoying these new functionalities, today while planning a flight I had some significant problems and slowdowns. I had 4 external windows pinned at the moment and had to kill Oculus Home via the TaskManager because everything basically came to a halt. 

Pinning these windows is a pretty new capability for the oculus, and it's still beta, so I'm pretty much expecting issues to crop up.

With that being said, it should be interesting to see what options start to appear when developers like LM/LR/Ipacs start explicitly incorporating these outside windows into VR

Devons rig